Who/What Infuenced You To Buy Orange?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Re: Who/What Infuenced You To Buy Orange?

Post by Boy_Narf » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Tim from Underoath played a R30 and PPC212. They were my favorite band when I was in HS. I was poor in college so I picked up a TT and a PPC112. I have been hooked ever since.

Jelly

Post by Jelly » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:24 am

I saw that Matt Sharp of the early Weezer years was using one, I eventually learned that it was rare and expensive (it was a 200-watt Ormat for pete's sake!) so then I settled for an AD30HTC which I am more than happy with! :D

Beljunmalnwa
Tiny Terror

Post by Beljunmalnwa » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:42 am

One other thing that sealed the deal on getting a Dual Terror was seeing the Rob Chappers Full Volume Orange amp demo on YouTube. He was jamming with a very loud drummer during the course of the demo.

He played through an RV50, TV50, and then the Tiny Terror. I was amazed (as was Rob--his reaction when he hit his first chord on the 7 watt setting is still priceless to watch) at how much the TT put out--it was damn near as loud as 'its big brothers' and definitely loud enough to hang with his drummer.

I figured that if the Tiny Terror could do all that, then the Dual Terror--with double the wattage and a bigger output transformer--was a no brainer.
Yes, the Dual Terror is loud enough!

Alan H.

Post by Alan H. » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:39 pm

Me and my buddy both have 100 watt krank rev 1's and peavey heads. We also both had vox amps for practice and lower volume gigs. He sold his and came back with a Korean TT. Got it when they first came out. I fell in love with it from the moment I slammed those el84's. Time marched along and I started another band. We rehearsed at a married friends house (he was in the band) and so I wanted something that would have great tone, be fun to play, would not be too loud for house rehearsals but still would drive the band If I gigged with it. TINY TERROR was a no brainer. I called up my old friend who had just recently purchased an egnater tweaker 40 head because he wanted more versatility and an fx loop. Since that was his new toy he was happy to sell the old TT that I loved so much to an appreciative and rightful owner :) He gave me a great deal and threw in a custom 2x12 with celestions. To this day when we jam and he hears my tone he gushes over it and how he never got it to sound so good. His loss was my gain. When using that rig I simply throw a screamer, mxr 10 band eq and an analog delay in the input. Heavenly tones!