video I shoot last night - Orange content

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Wired
Orange Master

video I shoot last night - Orange content

Post by Wired » Thu May 08, 2014 3:32 pm

For those that may not know, in addition to being a guitarist, I'm also a photographer specializing in music photography. This year has been kind of a break out year for me so far, and one thing I'm going to start up and tap into has been video production as there is no one else I know of offering video and still packages for live bands.

Last night I got together with a long time friend and his band to start experimenting with this idea with his group. This was shot with a multi-cam setup, all running at the same time. Audio was captured by the camera, but using a direct line from the board into a wireless system to the camera.

Normally I'd leave this out, but my friend who is the lead player in the band is an Orange convert thanks to yours truly, and his amp sounds great! RV50mkii!

http://flic.kr/p/nwNsEp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

due to the nature of flickr's online video processing, the video looks a little messy. I'll be setting up a vimeo or youtube account later. :)
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

burnscs
Tiny Terror

Re: video I shoot last night - Orange content

Post by burnscs » Thu May 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Gotta love GLA!!! Great job!
1970's OR80R Combo
AD30R
AD30HTC
Tiny Terror
212PPCOB
PPC412
OR412

1967 Gibson SG Junior
Fender J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri May 09, 2014 11:52 am

Not bad at all!
Was that your 1st try?

I'd love for someone to record one of our songs like that. May be one day!!!!
One thing though, could the audio be improved at all? That may be due to the flickr file though, I just found it a bit flat.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Fri May 09, 2014 1:40 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:Not bad at all!
Was that your 1st try?

I'd love for someone to record one of our songs like that. May be one day!!!!
One thing though, could the audio be improved at all? That may be due to the flickr file though, I just found it a bit flat.

Thanks!

yes very first try at this. I usually just have the one camera and throw a rodemic video pro on it, having a direct line in really helped. The audio is right out of the mixing board and into the camera. maybe a bit of verb or compression will help. I'll check the software, I'm sure it's in there somewhere. The video also got messed up a bit on the upload to flickr as it's not complete, and it seems to have strange banding going on...
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet