OFFICIAL DREAM RIG THREAD

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

snickerpuss
Orange Hero

OFFICIAL DREAM RIG THREAD

Post by snickerpuss » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:26 am

Alright, duders. Here's the dizzle. You and your rag-tag bunch of weekend warriors just effin' made it. Your label gave you infinity moneys to get all the gear you're going to want for your tour of massive arenas and stadiums. So, question is what is your dream rig going to look like? If you have your dream already, do not hesitate to show and tell!

Without further ado, I'll kick things off...

Guitars Gibson SG in drop d, Maple maple Tele in standard Eflat.

FX: Vox wah, keeley/boss BD-2, Marshall Shredmaster, keeley compressor, digitech whammy, second digitech whammy, Boss ph-2, strymon mobius with expression pedal, strymon timeline, tc hall of fame reverb, Boss sl-20

Amps: Orange OR100 with a ppc412, Hiwatt DR103 into a 412 faner. Both amps on at all times and sharing FX signal.

Follow your dream, but in the meantime, share yours here.
Teles, Strat, SG
AD140 Lead, OR100, OTR120, Marshall 2558, Hi-Tone HT100
Lee Jackson Oversized 412 V30s, Hiwatt SE4123 Purple Fanes, Orange PPC412
Pedalspedalspedals

OR73
Rocker

Re: OFFICIAL DREAM RIG THREAD

Post by OR73 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:35 am

I love these sorts of threads!

3 guitars :

50's tele, something that looks like it played many a roadhouse in it's day and was once powder blue.

as early a Les Paul as I could afford with a nicely aged slightly flamed or plain top, with PAF pickups

Travis Bean aluminum necked guitar, just because they look cool.... :-)

3 amps :

as early a tweed Bassman as I could find because they sound glorious

a Watkins Dominator, because I always wanted one, (once again cuz they look cool)

an Old Orange OR120 that had been kept under a bed by the mother of the guy from Grand Funk Railroad because he went off to be a rock star and started playing Marshalls (with a nice 4x12 cab or two)

FX:

one of those handmade fuzzes that used to float around in the early 70's made by a handful of different guys, (or a Foxx tone Machine) and everything else would probably just be a bunch f fancy modern boutique stuff as it's all built so well and sounds so good (but costs so much)

live I would probably have a stack of empty orange amps with only one working and the Bassman mic'ed behind the stage for clean tones)
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:52 am

Cool thread! OR100, RV100 DIVO and a Vox AC30, couple of PPC412's, some kind of Bradshaw-ish switching system, couple of LP's, SG's and Tele's, a guitar tech and a guy who's sitting in a room under the stage and control every sound I use exactly when I need them, like The Edge has... :D
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

Bionic muffins

Post by Bionic muffins » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:29 am

Two gretsch 6122's
Shure wireless
Two or50 halfstacks in stereo.

That's it.

Mystic38
Orange Expert

Post by Mystic38 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:49 am

....anything EXCEPT the Line6 "dream rig" :D
-Ian-

Orange Rocker 30c, PPC212 & PPC112, Fender DRRI, Marshall 2266
2012 Gibson LP Standard, 2001 Gibson LP DC Standard
2009 Fender Am. Standard Strat, 1999 Fender Am. Hardtail Strat
2014 G&L Fallout

***insert great photos of gear here***

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:44 pm

Time in a real studio with what they have to offer.

I wouldn't have a problem getting on with what I have for the stage although I would probably need to swap out some of my more "boutique" pedals for stuff I could find easily on the road.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thelatrobe33
Tiny Terror

Post by thelatrobe33 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Electrical Guitar Company Custom TB1000A, Drop C tuning (already on order 8) )
Les Paul Custom, Silverburst Finish, E flat tuning
Friedman BE100 into Friedman 4x12
Tuner, Wah, Volume Pedal
Dual Dark 50, Friedman Smallbox, '78 Twin Reverb, PPC412A, PPC212C

Sergeantsnowball
Rocker

Post by Sergeantsnowball » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:40 pm

I've already had the fortune of putting my dream rig together! Running a firebird through an OR100 is like heaven on earth- I don't think I've ever heard a better sound or played through a more responsive setup. I guess a delay pedal would be cool, but It's not a necessity and I could just pick one of those up if it ever became a problem.

I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I can get this stupid camera to work...
Orange Amps: OR100H, AD30HTC, CR60
Guitars: Gibson Firebird 2013, Obscure Epi Les Paul, Charvel 5FX 1987, LTD Horizon 1001
Non-Orange Amp: Marshall JCM2000

Invin
Orange Hero

Post by Invin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:47 pm

It's a good thing you said touring rig, because studio rig would be endless "I want everything" :mrgreen:

Guitars: A backup ESP Eclipse II in some sort of sunburst, and for variety a Reverend Sensei gold top and Gibson Firebird in green burst or tobacco burst. No trems, all stringed standard E 10-52, simple and reliable as possible.

Amps and cabs: A backup TH30 for my main one, and an Orange PPC 4x12 to go alongside my modded cab.

Pedalboard: TC Polytune > Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah > Maxon OD808 > ISP Decimator in front, then for the loop: Strymon Timeline > Strymon Big Sky > Earthquaker Dispatch Master

Everything with flight cases, of course :wink:
TH 30
Eminence Wizard & Governor 2x12
ESP Eclipse II JB/'59, Charvel San Dimas Style 2 JB/'59
Tomkat Bender, TU-2, Crybaby Mini, Palisades, Xotic RC, Euphoria, MVP, Sentry, Blue Sky, Grand Orbiter V2, Timeline, Alter Ego, Dispatch Master, Ditto X2

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Hmm,

I'm pretty happy with what I have now TBH.

Would be cool to have a 50's esquire and LPJ though.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:32 pm

snickerpuss wrote:So, question is what is your dream rig going to look like? If you have your dream already, do not hesitate to show and tell!

...I'll kick things off...

Amps: Orange OR100 with a ppc412, Hiwatt DR103 into a 412 faner. Both amps on at all times and sharing FX signal.

Pretty damn close to my dream amp rig right there. Of course I play bass so I'd want to beef them up some.

Vintage Orange Matamp OR200 + Hiwatt DR201 or DR405, into shiny new Barefaced Bass cabs.
Ampeg Portaflex combo (B-15N or B-15S say) for smaller gigs
Living in the real world though I'm not going to complain about sticking with my own '78 OR120 Overdrive, '74DR103, Barefaced and Tecamp cabs, and Ampeg B-100R combo.

Instruments? A nice fretless bass, probably German, something a bit like THIS say. :wink:
Small handful of nice fretted Precision and fretted / fretless Jazz basses, couldn't go too wrong there. Bung in a smattering of Music Man, Rickenbacker, Wal, verily would my cup overflow some.

FX? Decent Parametric EQ, compression, something nasty dirty for different distortion flavours.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

OR73
Rocker

Post by OR73 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:37 pm

a.hun wrote:
snickerpuss wrote:So, question is what is your dream rig going to look like? If you have your dream already, do not hesitate to show and tell!

...I'll kick things off...

Pretty damn close to my dream amp rig right there. Of course I play bass so I'd want to beef them up some.

Vintage Orange Matamp OR200 + Hiwatt DR201 or DR405, into shiny new Barefaced Bass cabs.
Ampeg Portaflex combo (B-15N or B-15S say) for smaller gigs
Living in the real world though I'm not going to complain about sticking with my own '78 OR120 Overdrive, '74DR103, Barefaced and Tecamp cabs, and Ampeg B-100R combo.

Instruments? A nice fretless bass, probably German, something a bit like THIS say. :wink:
Small handful of nice fretted Precision and fretted / fretless Jazz basses, couldn't go too wrong there. Bung in a smattering of Music Man, Rickenbacker, Wal, verily would my cup overflow some.

FX? Decent Parametric EQ, compression, something nasty dirty for different distortion flavours.

Andy.

I'd have a child just so I could sell it to buy one of those OR200's....... or heck, an OR120 even
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

snickerpuss
Orange Hero

Post by snickerpuss » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:44 pm

That's the stuff. I'd love to bang out some Music for Chameleons on that guy. What is it?
Teles, Strat, SG
AD140 Lead, OR100, OTR120, Marshall 2558, Hi-Tone HT100
Lee Jackson Oversized 412 V30s, Hiwatt SE4123 Purple Fanes, Orange PPC412
Pedalspedalspedals

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:01 am

Honestly, I have my dream rig several times over.

AD30TC's; TC Electronics G-System; Turbosound monitors (I love having my own wedges so every gig I'm used to what my monitor sound will be); and pretty much any of my guitars....

Doctor Volume
Tiny Terror

Post by Doctor Volume » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:39 am

bclaire wrote:Honestly, I have my dream rig several times over.

AD30TC's; TC Electronics G-System; Turbosound monitors (I love having my own wedges so every gig I'm used to what my monitor sound will be); and pretty much any of my guitars....

That tele is gnarly.

Mine is what I have.

Tele with Gibson 500T and 496R -> Crybaby ->Boss SD-1 (Keeley 5 star mod) -> Phase 90 -> Arion Sch-1-> Orange TH100. Carbon Copy in the loop. Ever now and then, I'll throw the Devi Ever Hyperion in the mix (cuts better than a muff).

Edit: Cab is a Marshall JCM800 1960a with G12T-75
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?