Micro terror straight into mixer

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

guilleonline
Orange Hero

Micro terror straight into mixer

Post by guilleonline » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:26 am

Is this posible? I will be traveling for a 'jamming' on September and don't want to haul an amp or cab, so themicro terror by itself seemed like a great idea. But could i run it into a PA like a line in throught the headphone amp or thhe speaker output?
There is nothing like a fender clean, but there is nothing like an orange crunch

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: Micro terror straight into mixer

Post by a.hun » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi there. It is probably not impossible. I definitely wouldn't use the speaker output but I have had very acceptable results recording my Crush Micro Pix 3W combo via a standard passive DI box from the headphone output. You'd need to be careful and start with the input trim on the mixer and output on the amp low, but bringing both up gradually you may find it works okay to get a decent sound.

The headphone output is just basically a small solid state amp, so running into a highish impedance load (like a DI box input) should be perfectly safe. The quality of sound to headphones is very decent too so I think you should get decent results.

Obviously it isn't the intended use so it will always be at own risk but I don't see any real problem trying it...

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

megalithic
Orange Hero

Re: Micro terror straight into mixer

Post by megalithic » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:51 am

I guess it's possible, but it doesn't sound the same as a cab, can sound interesting though:
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.p ... 03#p615929
You might need to make a stereo to mono cable, not sure because I haven't tried it with a mono-to-mono.