I'm selling my Rocker...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Orange Hero

Re: I'm selling my Rocker...

Post by 0000 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:31 pm

I'm probably the first to say SELL IT. No need to have so many fairly similar amps. There is something freeing about having less options and less clutter in your space and in your mind. I find unnecessary hoarding of unused stuff to be one of the most disgusting things ever that people do.

Who cares if it's discontinued... you can ALWAYS find another one, or find something better. They are not THAT rare or uncommon. I had my Rocker for a couple weeks before I sold it with no hesitation.
-Electrical Guitar Company "Buzzo" Double-Cut, Solid Aluminum, Gold Anodized.
-Gronlund Newcomb Custom aluminum hollow-body guitar.
-Matchless Phoenix 35 w/ Matchless 4x10 Cabinet

saturnine
Rocker

Post by saturnine » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:50 pm

So, what happened? Did you put it out for sale? I just saw a Rocker combo for sale on Blocket (thats kind of a swedish Craigslist, for all you non-Swedes ;) )and thought that it could be yours ;)

/J
Orange RV50 MK I Head
Orange PPC412
Orange PPC112 x2
Orange Micro Terror
Ibanez TSA15H
2x Gibson SG Standard
Peter Naglitsch Custom
Fender Tele ´72 Roadworn
Fender Tele FSR Custom
Squier Tele Classic Vibe
Jackson ATX
Jackson TH-2
Hagström Viking
Pedals...

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:04 pm

0000 wrote:I'm probably the first to say SELL IT. No need to have so many fairly similar amps. There is something freeing about having less options and less clutter in your space and in your mind. I find unnecessary hoarding of unused stuff to be one of the most disgusting things ever that people do.

Who cares if it's discontinued... you can ALWAYS find another one, or find something better. They are not THAT rare or uncommon. I had my Rocker for a couple weeks before I sold it with no hesitation.
You make it sound like he's living in his own filth.

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:05 pm

saturnine wrote:So, what happened? Did you put it out for sale? I just saw a Rocker combo for sale on Blocket (thats kind of a swedish Craigslist, for all you non-Swedes ;) )and thought that it could be yours ;)

/J
That's mine... I think there are two out for sale. One guy is interested. Don't know what to do... :?
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Jondog wrote:
0000 wrote:I'm probably the first to say SELL IT. No need to have so many fairly similar amps. There is something freeing about having less options and less clutter in your space and in your mind. I find unnecessary hoarding of unused stuff to be one of the most disgusting things ever that people do.

Nothing to worry about. He's just mad over something.
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Vertikal
Tiny Terror

Post by Vertikal » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:45 pm

I think it just comes down to; Do I really need it? or, and, Am I going to need it for a project in the future?

But in all honesty, I'd just keep it. You seem to live in a pretty large home so it wouldn't be a problem if you just stored it away for now out of the way. Also, you're obviously rather fond of Orange Amplifiers and they hold a special place in your life... What's to say you sell it and one day you wake up on a day off and have an urge to play through that particular Amp? You're going to feel pretty down about it and you're really going to kick yourself if you're wanting another one knowing it's going to be pretty tough to buy another that's half decent.

If I might add, it'd be a different story if one was in debt and needed to sell a few things, but if you're not... Keep it. :)

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Vertikal wrote:Am I going to need it for a project in the future?
That's the crucial point; As you said I have a big house and an understanding wife :lol: so I definitely have lots of space for storing my stuff. And I definitely don't need to sell it so perhaps I just hide it for a while and see if I miss it.
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:31 am

If you need to ask then you are hesitating. You will probably regret selling it at this point. Wait til you don't need to ask anyone for their advice then go through with whatever decision you make...sell/keep
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:59 am

Bensnake wrote:
Jondog wrote:

Nothing to worry about. He's just mad over something.
For selling his Rocker :lol:

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:11 am

I like my rocker more than my OR15, which puts me in the opposite position as you. :)

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:32 am

0000 wrote:I'm probably the first to say SELL IT. No need to have so many fairly similar amps. There is something freeing about having less options and less clutter in your space and in your mind. I find unnecessary hoarding of unused stuff to be one of the most disgusting things ever that people do...
It is right up there with autofellatio. :wink:
0000 wrote:...Who cares if it's discontinued... you can ALWAYS find another one, or find something better. They are not THAT rare or uncommon. I had my Rocker for a couple weeks before I sold it with no hesitation.
He doesn't live in L.A. (the largest music gear market in the world) though. It's not as easy for some of us to come across certain used items locally in the rest of the country/world.

Vertikal
Tiny Terror

Post by Vertikal » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Bensnake wrote: That's the crucial point; As you said I have a big house and an understanding wife :lol: so I definitely have lots of space for storing my stuff.
No, no, noooo! You've got that list wrong. It should be:

1. Big house!
2. Lots of Orange gear!
3. That person... Female... She tends to linger around the place, but is understanding... Wi... Woman, Wii?... No, not Wii. Sounds like Wi... Wife! WIFE!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Vertikal wrote:
Bensnake wrote: That's the crucial point; As you said I have a big house and an understanding wife :lol: so I definitely have lots of space for storing my stuff.
No, no, noooo! You've got that list wrong. It should be:

1. Big house!
2. Lots of Orange gear!
3. That person... Female... She tends to linger around the place, but is understanding... Wi... Woman, Wii?... No, not Wii. Sounds like Wi... Wife! WIFE!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol:
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Now I've played it, alone i the house, at HIGH volumes... There's something angry and "punky" in the sound that I absolutely love. It sounds like nothing else, actually. Hooked up to the Jim Root cab the little beast really comes alive! :D

I don't think I can sell it though I lowered the price 50 bucks in the ad today... We'll see when I get the RV but not before that... 8)
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Mystic38
Orange Expert

Post by Mystic38 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:03 pm

This is so Zen!..

The Rocker won't ever depreciate, and if you have the room and don't need the cash right now, then the Yorkshire folk would say "it don't eat no meat".. not quite as Deep as the IronLung.. lol but just as valid :D
ironlung40 wrote:If you need to ask then you are hesitating. You will probably regret selling it at this point. Wait til you don't need to ask anyone for their advice then go through with whatever decision you make...sell/keep
-Ian-

Orange Rocker 30c, PPC212 & PPC112, Fender DRRI, Marshall 2266
2012 Gibson LP Standard, 2001 Gibson LP DC Standard
2009 Fender Am. Standard Strat, 1999 Fender Am. Hardtail Strat
2014 G&L Fallout

***insert great photos of gear here***