Hum Eliminator and my AD200 has lost its...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

DAVE11

Post by DAVE11 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:55 pm

Balls. That's right. This goofball at the music store was raving about this Hosa HEM-331 Hum Eliminator. So of course I buy it hoping it would solve all of my ground loop problems including annoying hum/buzz.

I plug this puppy in, ok, great no hum, but...... I have no volume now. My AD200 head has always had volume to spare, I don't even have to push it past 12 o'clock to rip your head off running two 4X10 Orange cabs. Now this nifty box has cut about 90% of my volume. I nearly maxed my volume to see what the response would be and it's below bedroom level. Pretty cool, eh!

Needless to say the little magic black box is going back to the music store. I was wondering if anyone else uses some sort of noise suppressor, hum eliminator, etc w/their Orange gear and if you do what exactly are you using?

By the way I've tried every possible combination of configurations to connect the hum eliminator including inputs, outputs, different cables, etc...same result every time.

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:49 am

Where are you getting your power from?
Maybe there are other devices connected to the circuit you get your power from, which are causing humming.
Interference from other devices, (TV's, fridges, power lines,CB,...) can also lead to unwanted noise.