Driving My Dark Terror

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Kenji

Driving My Dark Terror

Post by Kenji » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:13 am

Hey guys. I love the sound of the Dark terror both on ''clean'' and on high gain. Problem is: the dark terror is a single channel Amp!

I play music that switches between very clean parts and heavily distorted metal. I need a Pedal that will keep the tone of my guitar and the dark terror without coloring it but that will give me a MASSIVE gain/drive boost.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: Driving My Dark Terror

Post by Randy Bass » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:22 pm

The easiest way to do this is to set the amp for the "boosted" levels you want and then use the toggle switch on your guitar to switch from one pickup at full volume to the other pickup turned down as necessary to get cleans. You can use a pedal the same way if you're not fond of using the controls on the guitar. You won't really be able to get loud cleans with the Dark Terror though. It's just not built to do that.

Yaff

Post by Yaff » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:22 pm

For me, the volume control on my Les Paul lets me go from clean to crunch, without the need for a pedal.

I have tried a clean boost`s before, but didn`t get on with it, Also considered an EQ or Volume pedal, but for now, my volume control worlks fr me with my DT.

Good luck and hope you find what your looking for
Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC 212 OB

Invin
Orange Hero

Post by Invin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:42 am

I'd check out the Suhr Riot and Lovepedal Purple Plexi if I were looking to have a clean sound and then use a pedal for some tasty high gain. As the other guys say, the volume knob is your friend too! I hate switching channels and doing the pedal tapdance so I've started to just use a bit less gain for my main sound and roll my volume back for clean stuff. It's not quite the same as going from over-the-top distortion to the cleanist of cleans, but it saves you money, board space, and hassel.
TH 30
Eminence Wizard & Governor 2x12
ESP Eclipse II JB/'59, Charvel San Dimas Style 2 JB/'59
Tomkat Bender, TU-2, Crybaby Mini, Palisades, Xotic RC, Euphoria, MVP, Sentry, Blue Sky, Grand Orbiter V2, Timeline, Alter Ego, Dispatch Master, Ditto X2

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:20 am

Hey,

The Wampler Ecasty is extremly tansparent. The only issue is that it can get a little "fuzzy" at higher gain settings.

Tons of people also use the Maxon OD808. Have you tried one of those? It seems very transparent from the demos I have heard.