A Black Orange or an Orange Orange?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

nlimbaugh
Orange Master

Re: A Black Orange or an Orange Orange?

Post by nlimbaugh » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Play a black Orange, put a Peavey logo over it. Then you will be king on the block. Say you got your sound for $150. That will even more infuriate the 'Orange' color owners. Don't listen to anyone except your ears. Just my two cents I soldered together. Take tongue, insert in cheek and super glue your pick to your fingers. I could write more inane stuff but I don't want to waste all my material on one post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Invin wrote:
bclaire wrote:I like them both. However, I kinda committed early on to orange Oranges and I like to stick with one look.
Well you know what they say, once you go orange you never go black :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:
Paul.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:12 pm

nlimbaugh wrote:Play a black Orange, put a Peavey logo over it. Then you will be king on the block. Say you got your sound for $150. That will even more infuriate the 'Orange' color owners. Don't listen to anyone except your ears. Just my two cents I soldered together. Take tongue, insert in cheek and super glue your pick to your fingers. I could write more inane stuff but I don't want to waste all my material on one post. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Possibly the wisest thing ever said on this forum...

I'm being totally serious!!! :!:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:05 am

OrangePaul wrote:
Invin wrote:
bclaire wrote:I like them both. However, I kinda committed early on to orange Oranges and I like to stick with one look.
Well you know what they say, once you go orange you never go black :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:
Ha ha ha ha ha! :mrgreen:

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:41 am

jesperbc wrote:The name "Orange" and the orange tolex is so interconnected, that it wouldn't make sense to play anything other than an orange Orange.

The orange tolex makes Orange amps stand out.
I still say you should just go with whatever you prefer... but some good points here even though I wouldn't as far as to say it doesn't make sense to play an Orange amp in different color tolex... I do agree that there's sort of a cool factor for me that the brand of the amp and tolex match.

And that fact that the color Orange stands out makes your stage setup when you play live just look a little more interesting imo. These are just little bonuses that are still very secondary to the tone you actually get out of the amps.
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

Tizzer
Tiny Terror

Post by Tizzer » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:26 am

This reminds me of some advice I took from one of Mr. Rob Chapman's videos on how to choose a guitar, and I think it applies equally to amps. He said that sound is obviously most important, but that looks are pretty important too. It has to be something YOU think looks awesome. If you have a dumb-looking instrument, you won't want to play it as much. If you think it's cool, you'll want to play it more. It'll inspire your visually AND sonically. If you think a black Orange is the sweetest thing ever, get it in black. Who cares what anybody else thinks.

mmsb13
Orange Hero

Post by mmsb13 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03 am

Orange because it's Orange.

Orange ya glad ya asked. . . :mrgreen:
40th Anniversary OR50H & PPC412-LTD
Rickenbacker 370/6 VP JG & 370/12 VP FG
and other gear. . .

billyclg

Post by billyclg » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:54 pm

I like Black Oranges. I think they look awesome.

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:23 pm

billyclg wrote:I like Black Oranges. I think they look awesome.
+1
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

Vertikal
Tiny Terror

Post by Vertikal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:34 pm

The Amps and Cabs shown in Bensnake's signature image do indeed look the Mutt's Nuts, the Dog's Bollox.. the Badger's Nadgers. They look the part, if the gear you use looks stunning to your eyes then that in itself has a certain kind of inspiration to your creative side. Maybe even influence the mood of your playing style. I know no other Amp make that has such an affect on one's creativity.

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:27 pm

Vertikal wrote:The Amps and Cabs shown in Bensnake's signature image do indeed look the Mutt's Nuts, the Dog's Bollox.. the Badger's Nadgers. They look the part, if the gear you use looks stunning to your eyes then that in itself has a certain kind of inspiration to your creative side. Maybe even influence the mood of your playing style. I know no other Amp make that has such an affect on one's creativity.
+1 :D
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

jasondunringill
Tiny Terror

Post by jasondunringill » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:12 am

I always find you end up loving what you have, I always liked the look of the black tolex but it turned out my first orange amp was was a too good to be true cash converters tiny terror with an orange orange 112 cab, now I wouldn't consider anything else and my subsequent 212 had to be orange too.
I always wanted a cherry sunburnt les paul but when I was fortunate enough to be able to afford one the only one that really felt right to me after playing ALOT of LP's was a pale honeyburst and now I would never consider anything but a honeyburst! Until I try that wonderful goldtop I saw recently of course. . . . . :twisted:
Gibson Les Paul standard
Fender strat
CV tele
Epiphone Sheraton
Charvel pro Mod type 2
Faith and eko acoustics
Orange dual terror
Fender Blues Jr
Ppc112 cab
Proc212ob cab
Peavey deuce
Not enough pedals!

joeminer
Tiny Terror

Post by joeminer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:15 am

I like the orange Orange (my Ad-30 and 212 cab are orange). I bought a black 112 cab to be less noticeable (for playing at church). It looks pretty good anyway :)
Orange AD30htc
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC212
Orange PPC112
Gibson LP Standard (Double Cut)
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Taylor T5 Custom Koa
Taylor 314ce
Little Martin
Lots of Pedals

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:28 am

Color is irrelevant. I bought my black Rocker 30 because this particular one was available in my price range. I would still have bought it if it were orange, white, purple, green. whatever. It sounds amazing and that is all that matters to me!
Eddie