Dark Terror into a dual channel beast?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

semonike

Dark Terror into a dual channel beast?

Post by semonike » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:04 am

Hey all,
I am interested in buying a Dark Terror, and I have an idea to throw out there, and was wondering if any of the amp gurus out there could elaborate/ help me out with it.

So, here's the deal. Can I turn a Dark Terror into a dual channel head by taking the send from the effects loop, running it into a line selector, and having a single output into the return? This is all relying on the principle that I can find a way to split the input lead to the amp without any significant signal quality loss. Even in perfect circumstances, is this possible? Here is the "imaginary" signal chain.

(Please ignore the "X"s, as they were required to make the chain graphic work)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /->Dark Terror->Effects loop Send->"A" Input---------------------------->\
Guitar->Front-end effects->Line Splitter-| xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|->Effects loop effects->Effects loop return
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx \->Graphic EQ->Clean Boost (Instead of gain stage)->"B" Input----->/

According to how an amp works, it seems possible to me, but before I pull the trigger on a $650 amp, I'd just like to make sure.
Cheers!
Eren Semonik