NAD - Orange CR120C w/ LOTS OF PICS

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

blues4jesus

Re: NAD - Orange CR120C w/ LOTS OF PICS

Post by blues4jesus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:59 am

I dont know if its just me being picky but on my cr120c there does seem to be a significant volume differnce between the clean and dirt channel, I know the gain does add alot but but lets say volumes set set on the dirt side gain on 1:00 the Volume on lets say 10:00 the clean channel would have to be set at almost 3:00 to get comparable balanced if i was to switch between the channel w/o volume loss, Does this seem right? Or no? On my old JCM 800 I sold i know the 2 channels reacted this way but being a ss amp I guess i think it should be more balanced volume wise. I love this amp so if this isnt normal then i need to get it fixed or replaced while under warrenty. :)

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: NAD - Orange CR120C w/ LOTS OF PICS

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 pm

blues4jesus wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:59 am
I dont know if its just me being picky but on my cr120c there does seem to be a significant volume differnce between the clean and dirt channel, I know the gain does add alot but but lets say volumes set set on the dirt side gain on 1:00 the Volume on lets say 10:00 the clean channel would have to be set at almost 3:00 to get comparable balanced if i was to switch between the channel w/o volume loss, Does this seem right? Or no? On my old JCM 800 I sold i know the 2 channels reacted this way but being a ss amp I guess i think it should be more balanced volume wise. I love this amp so if this isnt normal then i need to get it fixed or replaced while under warrenty. :)
It's most likely normal.
Your amp is based on the Rockerverb, and they behave similarly.
Something to note, on my RV50, the clran channel volume doesn't increase all that much more after 11 o'clock. It still gets a little extra volume, but it mostly gets fatter, and start overdriving the power amp section.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute