Bose L1 compact for gigs

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Bose L1 compact for gigs

Post by bclaire » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:43 am

Yeah, I am talking about the Compact where the sub is the base and has the inputs. I was also thinking of the full size stick too. My friend has both so it gets confusing at times...

guilleonline
Orange Hero

Post by guilleonline » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Got it :mrgreen: I've noticed that most people that has gotten one of the Bose units for a while get a second one later on, either another compact of a bigger model and in many cases people who started with the classic models get a compact for lighter gigs.

I guess it says something about the quality of the product. Happy to hear the same is true for your friend. I think I made a good investment.
There is nothing like a fender clean, but there is nothing like an orange crunch

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:15 pm

guilleonline wrote:I think I made a good investment.

I think you did. Particularly in the case of acoustic gigs, they can be a thankless time. I've done quite a number of acoustic gigs where no one was listening and the culture of the club is that whoever is playing is background noise. Not an active listening environment. Best in those cases to have gear that allows you to quickly set-up and tear down.

guilleonline
Orange Hero

Post by guilleonline » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:56 pm

bclaire wrote:
guilleonline wrote:I think I made a good investment.

I think you did. Particularly in the case of acoustic gigs, they can be a thankless time. I've done quite a number of acoustic gigs where no one was listening and the culture of the club is that whoever is playing is background noise. Not an active listening environment. Best in those cases to have gear that allows you to quickly set-up and tear down.
Yeah unfortunately I get a few of those too. One just can't wait to get the heck out of there.
There is nothing like a fender clean, but there is nothing like an orange crunch

DiabloS
Orange Master

Bose L1 compact for gigs

Post by DiabloS » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:16 am

I had something pretty similar with the Fishman SA220

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie ... -combo-amp

I used it for a few gigs and parties and it was great! It made both the guitar and vocals sound REALLY good with a very easy setup. I kind of miss it sometimes, but I only play solo acoustic gigs maybe 2-3 times a year if that so I sold it for my TV50. Can't say I regret the decision, but only because I use the TV50 much more. It was a great piece of gear to have though, I think you'll be pleased with the Bose as well!
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

guilleonline
Orange Hero

Post by guilleonline » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:42 am

DiabloS wrote:I had something pretty similar with the Fishman SA220

I used it for a few gigs and parties and it was great! It made both the guitar and vocals sound REALLY good with a very easy setup. I kind of miss it sometimes, but I only play solo acoustic gigs maybe 2-3 times a year if that so I sold it for my TV50. Can't say I regret the decision, but only because I use the TV50 much more. It was a great piece of gear to have though, I think you'll be pleased with the Bose as well!
I actually was thinking hard about which of these two to take home. The fishman had great benefits, maily the reverb anti feedback and well the fact that they make great amps for acoustics. But I ended up going with the Bose for the sound dispersion and the unit's sound. Anyways, when I play I run my voice and guitar through a TC Helicon Voicelive2 which needless to say gives me all the effects I could possible need.

But that fishman is a hell of a system too.

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 am

guilleonline wrote:
DiabloS wrote:I had something pretty similar with the Fishman SA220

I actually was thinking hard about which of these two to take home. The fishman had great benefits, maily the reverb anti feedback and well the fact that they make great amps for acoustics. But I ended up going with the Bose for the sound dispersion and the unit's sound. Anyways, when I play I run my voice and guitar through a TC Helicon Voicelive2 which needless to say gives me all the effects I could possible need.

But that fishman is a hell of a system too.
Nice, I used to have a TC Helicon Voicelive. Now I run through a TC Helicon Harmony G XT. But yeah, especially when I paired these two together it sounded even better. You're in for a treat! :D
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

guilleonline
Orange Hero

Post by guilleonline » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:32 pm