Check this kids crush through a Tool cover!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Check this kids crush through a Tool cover!

Post by Jondog » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: Check this kids crush through a Tool cover!

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:36 pm

I was into it until the vocals started and I had to shut it off immediately. The sound of children singing makes me want to f*cking vomit. Is that bad? :D

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Drumming sounds awesome...
Paul.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:43 am

Randy Bass wrote:I was into it until the vocals started and I had to shut it off immediately. The sound of children singing makes me want to f*cking vomit. Is that bad? :D
I found it kinda creepy

thelatrobe33
Tiny Terror

Post by thelatrobe33 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Randy Bass wrote:I was into it until the vocals started and I had to shut it off immediately. The sound of children singing makes me want to f*cking vomit. Is that bad? :D
X 100,000
Dual Dark 50, Friedman Smallbox, '78 Twin Reverb, PPC412A, PPC212C

Orange Hero

Post by 0000 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:10 pm

My god.... between the production quality of video and the production quality of the recording, multiple sound and video engineers an videographers, studio rental, etc... why go to all that expense to record a freaking cover song? especially of Tool. These kids parents clearly have an excess of money. These kids have talent, obviously... they should of produced their own act.

Anyway... once the little girl started singing, I also had to turn it off. Eww.
-Electrical Guitar Company "Buzzo" Double-Cut, Solid Aluminum, Gold Anodized.
-Gronlund Newcomb Custom aluminum hollow-body guitar.
-Matchless Phoenix 35 w/ Matchless 4x10 Cabinet

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:56 pm

0000 wrote:My god.... between the production quality of video and the production quality of the recording, multiple sound and video engineers an videographers, studio rental, etc... why go to all that expense to record a freaking cover song? especially of Tool. These kids parents clearly have an excess of money. These kids have talent, obviously... they should of produced their own act.

Anyway... once the little girl started singing, I also had to turn it off. Eww.
My guess is it's a music school. There are a few in my area that opened up after the School Of Rock movie. I think it's good. Yeah, the girl doesn't fit, but I'm guessing it's not exactly her thing singing tool.
The instructors website: http://www.aaronokeefe.com/generalinfo.htm

Skynt Leonard

Post by Skynt Leonard » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:27 pm

OrangePaul wrote:Drumming sounds awesome...
+1
OR15

starling1
Rocker

Post by starling1 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:12 am

OrangePaul wrote:Drumming sounds awesome...

Damn straight.

megalithic
Orange Hero

Post by megalithic » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:37 pm

I really didn't mind the girl's vocals, I thought she sounded o.k. I could link to some songs with bad children's vocals, but then I'd be off topic and don't want to get into it.

The drummer is excellent, so is the bassist, and I like the way they worked in the percussion. Sounds like there is some percussion in the original, but not as much. Guitar is good too.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:09 pm

I loved the video. Though they were all great, as was their version of the song.
Well I can kind of understand, but yes Randy, that is bad! :wink:

I mean if everybody had that attitude who'd ever let kids sing in the first place, and how would anybody ever turn into a good singer?

Also...
Well I've learned to at least try to ignore any initial negative gut reactions to vocalists. Missed out on a lot of great music for too long that way. I ignored the Strolling Bones for many years 'cos I didn't get on with MJ's voice. Later a drummer mate got me into them via the rhythm section, and I learned to at least tolerate the singing. Plenty other of my favourite bands have er, 'challenging' vocalists too.

Has to be said though, I do listen to some weird pile of poop with even weirder vocalists at times. Not always because of the singing, but often that can grow on you with time too.

Yeah the wee lassie has a wee lassies voice. She can't help it though - she's a wee lassie. But I can already hear that when she is a less wee lassie, in well under 10 years say, she is going to be one h3ll of a good singer. She already has great feel and control, if you can just listen past the child's voice.

One of the most enjoyable recording sessions I ever did was something my ex drummer dragged me into. The 17 year old son of friends of his was getting pretty good doing his own songs on guitar. So his parents bought him a day in the studio for his birthday with us for the rhythm section. He also brought along a then 14 year old lass (and her chaperone!) to sing his songs. They were both really good, but this girl was an absolute star.

Bad Randy, naughty Randy!!! :lol:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:12 pm

I encourage children to sing often and develop their talent. Just don't do it within earshot of Randy. :D

Speaking of Earshot, I seem to remember a band by that name that sounded very much like Tool. I wonder what happened to them. Digression time...