orange forever!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

spytock

orange forever!

Post by spytock » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Hello everyone. I recently bought a used rocker 30 combo. I used to have a rocker 30 head but sold it because I didnt have time anymore to play music. When I started playing again I went trough lots of different amps, from marshall, blackstar , fender and the last one was a Krank rev jr. Pro 20 watts. The krank was pretty nice but is so complicated to dial in a tone.... With the presence and contour it gets frustrating to redial the eq and gain every time you touch em.

Even though I played through great amps there was always something missing in my tone and i couldnt put my finger on it.... Until i plugged my dean dave mustaine rust in piece guitar in my brothers rocker 30.... What was missing was the orange touch! I Started looking for a used combo and found one for a stupid cheap price. I'm back to orange and promised myself to never sell it lol!

I paired the combo with a vertical 2x12 cab from palmer loded with 2 greenback. The amp fits perfectly on it and the greenbacks "creamy" sound match perfectly the combo v30 "in your face" sound.

Sry for the long post and bad english but i wanted to share my joy with other orange lovers!

Have a nice day!