Dead pickup?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Dead pickup?

Post by Jondog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 pm

It should match this schematic then. I'd double check his wiring in case he made a mistake.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wi ... c=jp_style
Is that pricing correct?

Orangesoda
Orange Hero

Post by Orangesoda » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:06 pm

OrangePaul wrote:A few questions spring to mind...

is this a Seymour Duncan pickup we are talking about? Gibson use a different colour code I think..

have you just changed the pickup or pots/harness also?

is the bridge pickup working still?

can you fit the original pup back in there? if so does that still work??
Seymour Duncan. Yea Gibson has different color codes

Brand new pickups, pots, switch and harness. Changing it ALL out.

Bridge pup works perfectly. Both push pulls work for bridge. And the bridge pup does work when the switch is in the middle position. Bridge pup is a Dimarzio. Different color codes but I did get that one right lol.

I would have to look at the original pup again. They are stock pups from this agile guitar I have. I'll take a look when I get home. I'm not sure this harness will take that pup. Wiring.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:12 pm

sounds like a grounding issue to me if the bridge pickup isn't working in the middle position.

Orangesoda
Orange Hero

Post by Orangesoda » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Jondog wrote:sounds like a grounding issue to me if the bridge pickup isn't working in the middle position.
Orangesoda wrote:
Bridge pup works perfectly. Both push pulls work for bridge. And the bridge pup does work when the switch is in the middle position. Bridge pup is a Dimarzio. Different color codes but I did get that one right lol.
Lol!

I'm gonna take a look at the work he did and see if it's correct. Looks a tad different cuz for me there's just wires coming out of the harness. I don't need to solder to pots.

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:52 pm

What you could do is plug your guitar lead into the guitar jack socket and meter across the tip and ring on the other end.... on the ohms scale and see if it is low (a few ohms - indicating a short) or high (indicating an open or wrong connection possibly)

On the treble pickup you should be able to measure its resistance more or less with the volume pot on full. Turning the pot you should see it vary and measure a few ohms or so when fully down.
Paul.