The CR20LDX

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

alanbama
Tiny Terror

The CR20LDX

Post by alanbama » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum. I have been playing since the early 70's and I love Orange amps. Back in those days I owned an Orange full stack. It souded wonderful of course and I wish I still had it. I am really impressed with the CR20LDX that I just purchased. The sound is amazing for such a small amp. I got it for practice but after fooling with it for a while I may take it to our next practice just to mic it and see what happens. My main amp isn't an Orange but it will be soon. I play a Carvin CS6 and a Strat Plus through it mostly and it really does sound great! Thanks for letting me in to such a great group.

Image Need I say more?

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Re: The CR20LDX

Post by misterfolkertsma » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Glad you're happy with it! I started electric guitar playing with a Crush30 amp which was/is a great first practise amp. Hope this amp will turn you onto other Orange amps :)

alanbama
Tiny Terror

Post by alanbama » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Thank you! I definitely am in the market for a bigger Orange. They'er wonderful amps. But of course you already know that! :) I want a combo. I just have to decide which is best for me. Any suggestions out there?
Image Need I say more?

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Congrats!!!

Is that a kill switch on your carvin??
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

enricoromanielo
Rocker

Post by enricoromanielo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:57 pm

alanbama wrote:Thank you! I definitely am in the market for a bigger Orange. They'er wonderful amps. But of course you already know that! :) I want a combo. I just have to decide which is best for me. Any suggestions out there?
Welcome!

As for suggestions, what styles of music you play?

Marshall Vintage Modern 2266c
Rocker 30
Reeves Custom 10HG
Orange PPC212 OB
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster JA90
A few pedals

alanbama
Tiny Terror

Post by alanbama » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:42 pm

First, that's not a kill switch. There was a volume knob there and it got in my way. :) So I took out the tone and moved the volume control. The rest is standard stuff. That's a beautiful L P you have by the way.

And I play mostly classic Rock and oldies with a little Country thrown in. Stuff by Styx, The Eagles, The Stones, and ZZ Top for example. I prefer tube amps, but I've been looking at the Pix Pro 60 watt. It's more in my price range right now. Do you know anything about it?
Image Need I say more?

enricoromanielo
Rocker

Post by enricoromanielo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:40 pm

alanbama wrote:First, that's not a kill switch. There was a volume knob there and it got in my way. :) So I took out the tone and moved the volume control. The rest is standard stuff. That's a beautiful L P you have by the way.

And I play mostly classic Rock and oldies with a little Country thrown in. Stuff by Styx, The Eagles, The Stones, and ZZ Top for example. I prefer tube amps, but I've been looking at the Pix Pro 60 watt. It's more in my price range right now. Do you know anything about it?
Not familiar with that amp. Not sure how much it costs... I believe the tiny terror could cover that ground, but I am not sure how much is your budget. The Vox Night Train might also be a good alternative, and I think is a bit cheaper than the Tiny Terror...

Marshall Vintage Modern 2266c
Rocker 30
Reeves Custom 10HG
Orange PPC212 OB
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster JA90
A few pedals

alanbama
Tiny Terror

Post by alanbama » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks. I'll look into a Tiny Terror and the vox.
Image Need I say more?