Orange OR100 slave

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: Orange OR100 slave

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:58 am

Damn! When can I come visit? I'll pay for the petrol :D .

jontheid
Orange Expert

Post by jontheid » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:34 pm

So, any joy with this amp then?

wwonka

Post by wwonka » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm

No not yet e-mailed a few people but no reply yet!!! seems not many left in the world for anyone to care about it, still i wont give up took me 4 years to build my bike and 7 for the car i can sit on it or do the maths on what i have to work out the values of the torched parts, not going any place, ohh well at least iv,e got a cool car a cool bike and a slave under my bed.....what more could one want????.....we can rebuild it....we have the technology......

wwonka

Post by wwonka » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:44 pm

Quick update chaps got three hand made copper wound resistors w22- r51- 5% in a box dated 1972 original parts at least its a start the shop i got them from has a box full 30% fixed.....!!!!
http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t61 ... b65b2f.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:26 am

Cool! Well, you're on your way!

wwonka

Post by wwonka » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi Andy,
If this is a transister amp we don,t have records.

CHEERS LIZ @ MATAMP

----- Original Message -----

this is the reply from Matamp

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:35 am

wwonka wrote:Hi Andy,
If this is a transister amp we don,t have records.

CHEERS LIZ @ MATAMP

----- Original Message -----

this is the reply from Matamp

Another Andy???? ;)

Seriously, it's a shame they don't have the schematics anymore. :(
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:Another Andy???? ;)

I thought the same thing when I read it, Ant - another Andy! I feel inadequate not being named Andy and on this forum.

But I agree, I can't believe they don't have a schematic - I'll bet they really do, but don't want to put the effort in to dig it out. I would email them back and say thanks for the info but if they DO happen to find it, please keep my contact information....

...so that they know that you're onto them. :)

wwonka

Post by wwonka » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Show Details

From

GladmarrCzar

Andy,

I'm afraid I don't have much for you in the way of good news. I already interjected on the thread on the Orange amps forum where you were discussing this amp. The pictures on the Orange Amps Field Guide are from someone else's submission. It's also from before I was running the site, so I have no access to the original owner or the amp to get better pictures. I wish I could be of more assistance as it would be a shame to see that amp become a paperweight. Other than the people at Orange and Matamp, I don't know who to refer you to. You might have to take it to a tech to have it traced out to make a schematic. Maybe there are corresponding sections of the circuitry that are repeated or mirrored throughout that will reveal themselves once you have it all on paper...? I don't know where else to recommend you look. Best of luck, though. I hope you find someone who can help.

this is the reply from orange field guide.......oh woe is me!!!!.... this is not good an entire planet of people and not one person knows this amp not even the people who made it can tell me anything usefull cant find anyone else who even has one and i cant believe that matamp dont keep records of amps they made even as a historical facts issue.....and if it is worthless then whats the point????? ok next step is to mail Davesounds on facebook if i am lucky he may still have his.....

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Good luck!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:38 pm

bclaire wrote:
Les Paul Lover wrote:Another Andy???? ;)

I thought the same thing when I read it, Ant - another Andy! I feel inadequate not being named Andy and on this forum.

But I agree, I can't believe they don't have a schematic - I'll bet they really do, but don't want to put the effort in to dig it out. I would email them back and say thanks for the info but if they DO happen to find it, please keep my contact information....

...so that they know that you're onto them. :)

I thought exactly the same - It's probably in a box stored somewhere and nobody knows/cares to look for it.
I appreciate that tracking 30 or 40+ years archive isn't easy and who knows, it might have been disposed off - but I doubt it.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

jontheid
Orange Expert

Post by jontheid » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:15 pm

The original poster of the slave pictures on the Orange Amp Field guide is Dave Hughes, also known as DAVESOUNDS
His facebook is here:
http://www.facebook.com/DAVESOUNDS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He is a bit of a Matamp/Orange Slave nut it seems, he has loads of them.

Did you try messaging him?

Cheers
Jon

jontheid
Orange Expert

Post by jontheid » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Oh and one other thing - the transistors blown on your PCB aren't the power transistors - they are most likely the driver transistors (one stage before the power transistors)

The 2 power transistors are attached to the large heatsinks at the rear and will definitely need checking/replacing before you replace any of the other components otherwise you might be looking at another fry-up.

jontheid
Orange Expert

Post by jontheid » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Sorry wwonka - just read that you were going to message Dave on Facebook at the bottom of your post. Must be going blind.

I very much doubt Dave has got rid of his tranny slave, he seems to be a collector.

wwonka

Post by wwonka » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm

just to clarify..my mistake indeed the 4 power transistor are on the preamp board, the large output power transitors on the two heatsinks are not the problem, i will still replace both of them anyway. Like i said before it did have tip31a power transistors (google tip31a, spec sheets will confirm this is a complementary silicone plastic power transistor) that blew to bits these were not the original one's as you can see on Davesounds amp, most likely an old repair (some butchers shop) , first input from the square voltage regulator (which i think is the culprit) is the large green resistors which i posted a pic of they blew first then a chain reaction of overvoltage smokin a section of the pcb. Also as you can see on the photo the three pin bakerlight power plug was removed some idiot wired the mains wrong, switching input voltage polarity most likely hammered the regulator and blew the preamp. I still have the original plug it was taped to the amp...With a bit of luck Davesounds may still have his amp i posted him on facebook lets see what happens????.....