Orange OR100 slave

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

wwonka

Re: Orange OR100 slave

Post by wwonka » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 am

Yep that picture is the one i got from OFG website but the more you look at it the harder it is to see what is orange what is red or the multiplyer silver or gold and no way can you see the output transistors.....one thing is i had this when it was perfect and it sounded good its very loud but with a good bass feel i lent it to a mate for a gig and it came back still smokin i think he plugged it in wrong.. emailed matamp but they never sent a reply....other question is if this amp is so rare how could it not be valuable i have a 650 csr sports matchless motorbike i paid 30 quid for 35 years ago now its worth 15,000 and my car mk4 gt6 spitfire convertable paid 750 quid now worth 9,000 gibson les paul 120 quid has anybody tried to buy a les paul lateley the list goes on...dont understand how rare things are not worth anything, not realy the point was trying to restore it, never considered selling it.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:36 pm

wwonka wrote:Yep that picture is the one i got from OFG website but the more you look at it the harder it is to see what is orange what is red or the multiplyer silver or gold and no way can you see the output transistors.....one thing is i had this when it was perfect and it sounded good its very loud but with a good bass feel i lent it to a mate for a gig and it came back still smokin i think he plugged it in wrong.. emailed matamp but they never sent a reply....other question is if this amp is so rare how could it not be valuable i have a 650 csr sports matchless motorbike i paid 30 quid for 35 years ago now its worth 15,000 and my car mk4 gt6 spitfire convertable paid 750 quid now worth 9,000 gibson les paul 120 quid has anybody tried to buy a les paul lateley the list goes on...dont understand how rare things are not worth anything, not realy the point was trying to restore it, never considered selling it.
Rare does not equal valuable most of the time.... when people WANT something that is rare then that will drive up the price. Ask yourself this - when was the last time or even the ONLY time you saw someone with a slave of any kind...?

Eddie Famine
Orange Hero

Post by Eddie Famine » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:15 pm

bclaire wrote:
wwonka wrote: Rare does not equal valuable most of the time.... when people WANT something that is rare then that will drive up the price. Ask yourself this - when was the last time or even the ONLY time you saw someone with a slave of any kind...?
Well I believe we may have determined Randy has a slave, but this is not the type of forum for that. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Post by Gladmarr » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:02 pm

wwonka wrote:emailed matamp but they never sent a reply....
Matamp is notoriously bad with emails. You have to call them if you want a reply. I'm waiting on a reply to an email I sent them in 2004.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Calling is the way to go.... they'll answer you right away...

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:55 pm

And let us know how it goes

jontheid
Orange Expert

Post by jontheid » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Off topic but . . .
my car mk4 gt6 spitfire convertable
It is either a GT6 or a Spitfire, it can't be both!
Is it a Spitfire with a 6 cylinder engine fitted?
It must have something special about it, as £9000 is an awful lot for a Mk4 Spitfire, see here: http://www.classicandperformancecar.com ... p?see=1450" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back on topic - nobody is saying your amp isn't worth anything, just that it probably isn't hugely valuable.
My 79 Orange SuperBass is very rare - they only made them for one year, but it is no way as valuable as a Pix-only OR120 or a GRO100 and it is probably rarer than both.

Cheers
Jon

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Eddie Famine wrote:
bclaire wrote:
wwonka wrote: Rare does not equal valuable most of the time.... when people WANT something that is rare then that will drive up the price. Ask yourself this - when was the last time or even the ONLY time you saw someone with a slave of any kind...?
Well I believe we may have determined Randy has a slave, but this is not the type of forum for that. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Busted! I actually don't have a slave. I'd buy one if it had an Orange logo on it though.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:54 pm

jontheid wrote:Off topic but . . .
my car mk4 gt6 spitfire convertable
It is either a GT6 or a Spitfire, it can't be both!
Is it a Spitfire with a 6 cylinder engine fitted?
It must have something special about it, as £9000 is an awful lot for a Mk4 Spitfire, see here: http://www.classicandperformancecar.com ... p?see=1450" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers
Jon
Yeah, I wondered about this, too. Just went to a British Car Show last weekend and saw some cool GT6's and Spitfires... a lot of Jag E-Types as well as a C and a D, too. But my favorite (and what I used to own) were the Austin Healey Bugeye Sprites... Miss that car - don't miss working on it though... :mrgreen:

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Randy Bass wrote:
Eddie Famine wrote:
Busted! I actually don't have a slave. I'd buy one if it had an Orange logo on it though.
Most tattoo parlour could solve that particular issue.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:54 pm

jontheid wrote:Busted! I actually don't have a slave. I'd buy one if it had an Orange logo on it though.

jontheid
Orange Expert

Post by jontheid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:52 pm

It turns out that the guy that posted the pics of the Orange Matamp Solid state slave on the Orange Amp Field guide (Dave Hughes) is DAVESOUNDS - they are one and the same.

I strongly recommend that the original poster try and get in touch with him.

I have found him on facebook here:

http://www.facebook.com/DAVESOUNDS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glad to see he is still active, I was worried he might have died or something . . .

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:01 am

I wonder if anyone makes orange gimp suits. What was this thread about again :D ?

wwonka

my car

Post by wwonka » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:23 pm

to answer the question about my car its a a mk4 1972 spitfire (road tax free) historic car which has mods a gt6 bonnet and doors gt6 suspension and brakes vertical links racing springs gas shocks fitted with an overdrive gearbox roll bar a blower nitro can and leather seats insurance fully comp is 200 quid a year, not a standard mk4, not many people have done this there is about 9 in europe according to the triumph owners club its a car that triumph should have built but never did.....so also it can be both cos its half gt6 and half a mk4

and this is my bike for u that are interested......

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:47 am

Wow... nice car! and nice bike, too!