Push/Push Pots?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Orangesoda
Orange Hero

Push/Push Pots?

Post by Orangesoda » Tue May 21, 2013 7:06 pm

I've been searching trying to find out who makes quality push/push pots because it seems most are kinda crappy.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Push/Push Pots?

Post by Jondog » Tue May 21, 2013 7:39 pm

This one from all parts looks alright. Hard to tell, but I usually associate brass with quality. http://www.allparts.com/EP-0283-000-250 ... _1306.html

Borderline Productions
Orange Master

Post by Borderline Productions » Tue May 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Neil put a push pull pot in the Kovaa 22 amp he made, so he might know a source.

Do you want the pot for your axe or your amp?
Bob

http://www.purevolume.com/oxymora" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Orangesoda
Orange Hero

Post by Orangesoda » Wed May 22, 2013 3:09 am

Borderline Productions wrote:Neil put a push pull pot in the Kovaa 22 amp he made, so he might know a source.

Do you want the pot for your axe or your amp?
I should have been specific. Didn't realize amps have push/pulls too lol. It's for guitar. But I think I might have found a very reliable person for these :)

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 am

push push are much easier to use than push pull (especially the "pull" while playing).
Found some in the past but was not cheap (around 15euro/pce).

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Wed May 22, 2013 3:42 pm

I think Yamaha have pretty much always had the copyright / patents / whatever on push - push pots.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Orangesoda
Orange Hero

Post by Orangesoda » Wed May 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Hubaxe wrote:push push are much easier to use than push pull (especially the "pull" while playing).
Yup, that's what I keep hearing. So I wanna be able to switch my sounds quickly and without a problem. About to place an order with jonesyblues :P

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Wed May 22, 2013 5:35 pm

a.hun wrote:I think Yamaha have pretty much always had the copyright / patents / whatever on push - push pots.

Andy.
You could be right on that one Andy and mighty fine pots as well as guitars they are 8)
Paul.

sizzlingbadger
Orange Hero

Post by sizzlingbadger » Wed May 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Push-Push pots http://www.wdmusic.com/potentiometers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Woodsie
Orange Expert

Post by Woodsie » Wed May 22, 2013 8:52 pm

Orangesoda wrote:
Hubaxe wrote:push push are much easier to use than push pull (especially the "pull" while playing).
Yup, that's what I keep hearing. So I wanna be able to switch my sounds quickly and without a problem. About to place an order with jonesyblues :P
Good choice. Jonesy is awesome. I bought a 50's harness, for my Les Paul, from him.
==================================================================

Orangesoda
Orange Hero

Post by Orangesoda » Thu May 23, 2013 4:36 am

Woodsie wrote:
Orangesoda wrote:
Good choice. Jonesy is awesome. I bought a 50's harness, for my Les Paul, from him.
How is it? I'm getting the JP wiring harness. Hoping to make sweet beautiful music with it! Installing it in an LP copy. Getting an Ibanez S570 soon and thinking of having something similar. He wanted me to measure the cavity though to see if it will fit lol.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu May 23, 2013 6:21 am

sizzlingbadger wrote:Push-Push pots http://www.wdmusic.com/potentiometers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wonder if the reason for the higher price on those push - push ones (nearly double the push - pull types there) isn't down to having to pay license to Yamaha? I don't know for sure but I'd suspect so...

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Woodsie
Orange Expert

Post by Woodsie » Fri May 24, 2013 12:49 am

Orangesoda wrote:
Woodsie wrote:
How is it? I'm getting the JP wiring harness. Hoping to make sweet beautiful music with it! Installing it in an LP copy. Getting an Ibanez S570 soon and thinking of having something similar. He wanted me to measure the cavity though to see if it will fit lol.
The JP harness looks awesome. I would love to try it. I was just looking to get rid of the coil splits on my LP Trad Pro and put in a more vintage style wiring harness. It was great. all wired with pots and caps and ready to drop in. I recommend Jonesy for any Guitar wiring needs.
==================================================================