Rockerverb MKll 50 and overdrive pedals - feedback mania?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

DiabloS
Orange Master

Re: Rockerverb MKll 50 and overdrive pedals - feedback mania

Post by DiabloS » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Borderline Productions wrote:A gate will cut the signal when it is below a certain level (such as background hum when you are not playing), I'm not sure how to interfer the feedback loop except for turning down the volume and moving in relation to the speaker cab.
I wonder why my ISP decimator cuts out feedback then? Whenever I want actual feedback I have to disengage the pedal and there it is... but with the pedal on it stops both low noise like hum/hiss as well as loud feedback.
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

Woodsie
Orange Expert

Post by Woodsie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:08 pm

My Smart Gate cuts out everything except feed back.
==================================================================

frankajoerg
Tiny Terror

Post by frankajoerg » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:19 am

hi guys!

OK I finally got the Rockerverb in my practise room and it looks awesome!! BUT and I mean a big but... there was no sound at first!!

I plugged in everything correct and the light on the amp is glowing, the tubes are glowing and there is this normal low hum from the amp but absolutely no sound..

Then suddenly, I got sound.

I use the speaker cable that came with the 1960ax cab.

Everything is correct connected.

Guitar is new.

Cab is new.

Guitar cables are new and of high quality.

Now, I dont know why it suddenly came to life but the only different thing I did was to take the speaker cable and plugged it opposite. I mean, same 16ohm input on the amp into same and only input on cab which is 16ohm, just different end going into the inputs.

Then suddenly sound! On Tuesday i will get the orange cab and i will use the included speaker cable instead just to be safe.

However, yes I get sound from it now BUT is it normal that the dirty channel is really low in volume when eq knobs are set at 2 o'clock and gain at 9 o'clock and volume at 12 o'clock and even at 3 o'clock?

The clean channel seem louder at same settings and doesnt have this volume problem.

I Only notice increasement in volume in the dirty channel when i set gain above 12/1 o'clock and volume way past 12/1 o'clock.

Even when volume set at max and gain at 11 o'clock or lower, the volume on dirty channel is surprisingly low. Would never hold up to a drummer or even a singer or anything really..

Very strange that it wasnt any sound at first since everything was connected the same. Only difference was that i plugged the speaker cable opposite. But they are the same in both endings so shouldnt matter right?

But my main concern is the low colume on the dirt channel! I really have to max out the volume and have gain past 1 o clock to have a decent volume and gain.

this cant be right for sure!

My guess is that something happend under transport from the UK to Norway but what in that case can be loose or broken?

I have 10 thumbs so Im even afraid to open the thing and get electrecuted:) But I will remove the power cable and open it up and look for loose ends or something that does not seem right.

As I said, the clean channel works fine but the dirt has almost no volume, only when volume maxed and gain at 3 o clock or higher.

I NEED HELP !!!

Frank

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 am

You just posted this story on another thread and got a good answer there from OrangePaul. http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50075" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree, Id try another speaker lead. If that one is intermittent than it could easily damage you amp. Get a good quality sturdy speaker cable, preferably with Neutrik connectors. Cheaping out on speaker leads (especially if possibly damaged!) just isn't worth the risk to your amp.

My first thoughts on the other problem also mirrored what OrangePaul was saying there.

PS it is handy to keep one question on one thread otherwise things get stupidly complicated. (I'd suggest maybe saving this thread for when you get the amp working right and can comment on how it really sounds to you.)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

frankajoerg
Tiny Terror

Post by frankajoerg » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:15 am

Yes sorry

Will continue the other thread instead.

Tried a solid planet waves speaker lead and same result..
I will take it to service.

Thanks