Reverberation unit.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

nlimbaugh
Orange Master

Reverberation unit.

Post by nlimbaugh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:08 pm

So, after I commented in passing about how I couldn't figure out what this Ruby Reverberation Unit did , which is laying at the bottom of my Vox ac15. It was implied that it didn't do much. But, when I read about it, people were talking about upgrading their reverb units etc. So, these things must be a legit piece of equipment to some people. Hmm, any other thoughts about this. I guess I could AB it with it plugged in vs. not plugged in, but I'd rather hear someone else's thoughts who has some familiarity as to what these do exactly... more low end??? Reduction in bad vibrations???

ScottyDanger
Orange Hero

Re: Reverberation unit.

Post by ScottyDanger » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not trolling...

Simply put, it's a reverb unit. Does your amp have a 'reverb' knob? That's the spring tank that produces the reverb echoes when you turn up that knob.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverberat ... erberators" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: I looked up the amp, and it has reverb. So that is 100% a spring tank. Your signal is pushed through springs to create that echo sound. For extra fun, you can kick the tank/amp with the reverb turned up and it will make a crazy crash sound.

Some people will upgrade the tanks with higher quality components, or different size springs for different echo lengths.

Now go listen to some surf music!
SG Standard / Telecaster / Cyclone
Fender '65 Princeton Reverb RI
MXR - M102 / M103 / M169

nlimbaugh
Orange Master

Post by nlimbaugh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Trolling meaning that my question is too obvious to justify a response or that I'm trying to stir the pot or sell these funny reverb boxes??? No really, spring tank... etc... all foreign to me. I've never used effects and didn't know what that weird box was. I do have a reverb knob. And, it is New Kitchen Day... I'd like to know how to upload pics.

Edit: Cool. Thanks. Glad to know what that thing is.

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:09 pm

So long as you don't start taking the mickey with digital reverb, then I won't have to take exception with you too... :lol:
Paul.

ScottyDanger
Orange Hero

Post by ScottyDanger » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:07 pm

nlimbaugh wrote:Trolling meaning that my question is too obvious to justify a response or that I'm trying to stir the pot or sell these funny reverb boxes??? No really, spring tank... etc... all foreign to me. I've never used effects and didn't know what that weird box was. I do have a reverb knob. And, it is New Kitchen Day... I'd like to know how to upload pics.

Edit: Cool. Thanks. Glad to know what that thing is.
Sorry if I offended you! It seemed like basic enough knowledge that someone with 1k+ posts on an amp forum may know, so I wasn't sure if you were just screwing with us.

I totally understand how you didn't recognize the box in the bottom of your cabinet. Now it's very important for you to understand how FREAKING AWESOME spring reverb is. Crank it up and feel it 'drip' with springy goodness. Seriously, go listen to some surf music and fall in love with spring 'verb. It's the best 'verb there is, and I will fight that to the death!

Honestly, spring reverb is the reason I swapped my Orange for a Fender, I just can't play guitar without it. My ears crave that sound constantly, I can't play a dry amp.

Anyway, enjoy it!

ps. to upload pics, put them on another website (photobucket, or even facebook) then post a link to the picture (ending in .jpg or whatever, you can get it from right-clicking the image and copying image location, or if on a photo site then they should provide it automatically in a little box) between IMG tags (there's a button for them under the subject line when making a post). Be sure to preview your post to make sure the pictures show up.
SG Standard / Telecaster / Cyclone
Fender '65 Princeton Reverb RI
MXR - M102 / M103 / M169

nlimbaugh
Orange Master

Post by nlimbaugh » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:22 am

Ha ha, not offended. I've sent in multiple requests to demote me back to Tiny Terror status but that customer service is worse than my Alzheimers. :lol: