All Time Best Bang for the Buck pedals?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

ScottyDanger
Orange Hero

Re: All Time Best Bang for the Buck pedals?

Post by ScottyDanger » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:41 pm

Dano Cool Cat anything! I loooove my tremolo.

The USA Big Muff Pi used to be a great value, I think I paid $50 for a new one when I was 16. Now it's about $85, which is a bad value.
SG Standard / Telecaster / Cyclone
Fender '65 Princeton Reverb RI
MXR - M102 / M103 / M169

Iceman63

Post by Iceman63 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Reverend Drivetrain 2; I use it as an overdrive for my Badger 30, and as a clean boost on my Dual Terror. I also used it with my other, now sold amps.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:44 am

I really dig my Cool Cat Vibe pedal, sounds really good for what it costs and does. That said, I'd love to look into more vibe pedals, especially if I could run something in stereo for a leslie sim. :) (and yes, I did the mod to have the light flash along with, but I find the volume boost isn't that big of a deal for most stuff I play)

I LOVE the Nobels ODR-1. $99 is about $1000 too little for that little green box of magic. :)

I'm in the market for delay pedals right now, and I've got my eye on a few, like the El Capistan and the Flashback x4 (if anyone has any thoughts on those, let me know! ;) ), but I keep thinking about going back to my old dependable Line6 Echo Park. It's tweak-able, solid, and has a small footprint, and most importantly, sounds great. I'd love to get another one, especially when they're pretty cheap.

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:24 pm

My first thought was MXR Carbon Copy. And my mind hasn't been changed! Just a fantastic pedal for the price and for everything it CAN do.

Neil- since your looking at the El Cap, I'd seriously recommend considering the Timeline, too. I thought it would be way more up a tinkerer's alley. ;)
Greg

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:09 pm

I've thought about it...hmmm....might have to try one out.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Timeline is worth every penny even if you don"t use 1/32 of everything it does.

jeepocaster
Tiny Terror

Post by jeepocaster » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:09 pm

$22 for the Rogue analog delay on a "Stupid Deal of the Day" from Musicians Friend, was my most recent one. I got a Moen Shaky Jimi vibe thing on ebay from a seller that I thought was great, so I got a Fuzz-Moo from him, too. $40 range If I remember right. Also have the dano cool cat transparent overdrive. I use them all regularly along with many others. Some jibe-well with certain amps, or certain guitars, Strats or Les Pauls for instance, but all are keepers. My best bang for the buck was getting a Klon clone that was close enough to the real one, that I sold the real one for $850 on ebay! I have a zendrive clone from the same builder.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:35 am

For me the (currently discontinued) Award Session JD10 preamp. They were never expensive, around or just over 100GBP new. But they were stuffed full of great sounds, from clean to ultra high gain. All analogue, switchable speaker sim, very valve like in tones and response, just hugely versatile. You can literally record entire albums with this pedal instead of using full amps and the results will be very very good. This pedal is exactly what I mean by solid state technology done right.

Discussed it with BrianGT, another JD10 user here:
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?t=33407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

CarbonToe.
Tiny Terror

Post by CarbonToe. » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:25 am

The Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive always makes me smile, and as its not the most popular/fashionable of overdrives you can shop around and pick them up for a ton.

Great pedal. :D

http://www.mpamp.com/pedal/pedals-shod.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gear: Kurt Cobain Jaguar, Kurt Cobain Mustang, American Std Tele ('10 3burst), Gibson Les Paul Std ('97 Honeyburst), Orange OR15, Orange Tiny Terror HW, Vox Night Train NT15H, Marshall JCM-1H, PPC112 Cab & a Marshall Custom Pin-Up