Orange Master

Re: Neighbors..

Post by BrianFantana » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Vox AmPlug AC30. $39 USD. Fin.

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:33 pm

micro terror, or you could try one of those sansamp pedals. i hook up a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter to mine and run headphones late at night. it also doubles as a backup amp to run to a PA at gigs.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

Anuist

Post by Anuist » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:20 pm

As it turns out, the neighbors that complained will be moving out in less than a month anyway, but there are still some that will be living on the opposite side, so I'll still need to find a solution.

I would rather not use the AD30 for practice since my schedule is pretty sporadic and I can never practice for any decent amount of time at once, it seems a waste of the tubes' heating/cooling cycle to only practice for a little while at a time throughout the day.

nlimbaugh
Orange Master

Post by nlimbaugh » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 am

BrianFantana wrote:Vox AmPlug AC30. $39 USD. Fin.
+1
I accidentally stepped on mine and killed it. AC30 is good!

everdrone
Orange Expert

Post by everdrone » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:31 am

I live in a quiet apartment (a library!!!)

modelers are the best, and they sound great recorded.

do NOT get a tube amp!!! my 5 watt 8" combo epiphone valve junior is way too loud, even on less than 1 of 10 on the volume. all the reviews of the less than 1 watters are way too loud.

ya, you could plug a less than one watter into a nice rivera silent sister iso cab (THe best iso cab) with an attenuator and foam gramma pads but it will still be louder than a TV and will have a NEUTERED TONE

I am saving for an axe fx II :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8)
My solo downtuned HEAVY rock project: https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance

Guitarist and Bassist in Fort Worth, TEXAS

Orangesoda
Orange Hero

Post by Orangesoda » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Anuist wrote:As it turns out, the neighbors that complained will be moving out in less than a month anyway, but there are still some that will be living on the opposite side, so I'll still need to find a solution.

I would rather not use the AD30 for practice since my schedule is pretty sporadic and I can never practice for any decent amount of time at once, it seems a waste of the tubes' heating/cooling cycle to only practice for a little while at a time throughout the day.
People complaining that they could hear your acoustic? Really? You could have told them you could hear them banging, walking, talking and smacking their gums when they ate so they could do neither of those activities. I don't think the people moving in will be like that. That's just ridiculous.

Just007

Post by Just007 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Zvex nano is one hell of a good amp
Orange rocker 30 combo
Peavey classic 30
Marshall jcm 900 combo
Charvel usa san dimas
Gibson les Paul gold top studio
Musicman evh
Martin d15

Anuist

Post by Anuist » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Orangesoda wrote:
Anuist wrote:As it turns out, the neighbors that complained will be moving out in less than a month anyway, but there are still some that will be living on the opposite side, so I'll still need to find a solution.

People complaining that they could hear your acoustic? Really? You could have told them you could hear them banging, walking, talking and smacking their gums when they ate so they could do neither of those activities. I don't think the people moving in will be like that. That's just ridiculous.
Yeah, I sure hope not. It's in the middle of a rental season so there shouldn't be anyone moving in for a few months at least, which is a relief.

everdrone
Orange Expert

Post by everdrone » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:26 am

Orangesoda wrote:

I could hear acoustic guitar from neighbors pretty well when I lived in the dorms, but I played mine anyway
My solo downtuned HEAVY rock project: https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance

Guitarist and Bassist in Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:00 am

Buy an inexpensive small digital amp. Orange Crush or something else. For home practice I personally use a Line 6 micro spider around one hundred euros.