NGD!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

conkerandco
Tiny Terror

NGD!

Post by conkerandco » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Ok, so this was actually delivered yesterday but spent so long playing it i never got around to posting a pic.

I've wanted this for sooo long. It's a Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior, (spare me any green day hate), plays like a dream, built well, sounds like a monster. If you can't do it on a Junior, it ain't worth doing.

Sorry for crappy pic, just about to take some better quality ones.

Eddie

Re: NGD!

Post by Eddie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Love the juniors! Congrats!
Eddie

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Tone monster that. You're right, if you can't do it on a Junior its probably not the guitars fault.

How is the fretboard? Many Gibsons are too dry from new - my own Junior Special was. If so a bit of board oil with the first few string changes should help.

Enjoy!

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Orange Hero

Post by 0000 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Nice! I have two Gibson BJA Juniors, a single cut and double cut. I absolutely hate GreenDay, but this stripped down guitar sounds and plays better than the custom-shop Les Paul I had. Seriously... I'm 100% sold on playing only Juniors. No need for anything else.

A simple change I might suggest is the wraparound bridge. The original Jr.'s had a lightweight aluminum bridge, but in the 80-90's they changed to only used heavy solid zinc. I replaced the stock bridge with a TonePros Wraparound aluminum bridge, and not only did the design and locking studs improve the intonation, but the aluminum has a more open, resonant, woody tone, where as the zinc sounds more cold, brittle and thin.
-Electrical Guitar Company "Buzzo" Double-Cut, Solid Aluminum, Gold Anodized.
-Gronlund Newcomb Custom aluminum hollow-body guitar.
-Matchless Phoenix 35 w/ Matchless 4x10 Cabinet

myboss57
Orange Master

Post by myboss57 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Green Day SUCKS!! :wink: :lol:
Just kiddin' ya. And that guitar is sweeeeet. There is a Gibson Les Paul Jr (not a sig model) at a shop in my neighborhood. It's been on the wall a while and I'm always tempted!!!

Enjoy the guitar, looks real nice. I love a simple guitar like that (that's why my SG is stripped down to one pup and one volume knob!).
Gibson SG Standard
http://www.nightmovesmd.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sovtek Mig 100h
TC Alter Ego
Mesa Oversized 412
Prev amps: 90s OD120, Tiny Terror, Rockerverb 100mk1