First experience with Tiny Terror

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

fiaj
Tiny Terror

First experience with Tiny Terror

Post by fiaj » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Yesterday I had my first proper meeting with a Tiny Terror (through Orange PPC212 OB).

Wowsers!!! I have heard other people through them before, but never had a chance to play with the tones and I WANT ONE!!!!!! (or preferably a dual for channel switching).
With the power section cranked you get such beautiful warmth, and the tone shaping is more flexible than I expected. Immense crunch at full gain, some really strong metal tones. The amp is at my drummer's college so I will probably use it a fair bit. A very versatile little box for almost any kind of music, complex and beautiful. It would be great with added reverb.

By the time we actually recorded anything I had fallen into Fuzz Factory love and we decided to get extreme, so the recordings I made have nothing that shows how this amp sounds on its own. However, they are a good example of a range of Fuzz Factory tones through a Tiny Terror (which it handled a bit better than my Rockerverb does) and a good example of some extreme jazz.

I know this isn't usually the right place for my "music" but I wanted to post about my Terror love, might as well include the link :)

https://soundcloud.com/groovetemple/set ... edwards-ep" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope someone finds some enjoyment even if only in comedy.
Last edited by fiaj on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: First experience with Tiny Terror

Post by a.hun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:55 am

Call that extreme? Nice bit of light jazz improv! :wink:

TT --> OBC212? Now THATS unconventional! :lol:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

fiaj
Tiny Terror

Re: First experience with Tiny Terror

Post by fiaj » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 pm

a.hun wrote:Call that extreme? Nice bit of light jazz improv! :wink:

TT --> OBC212? Now THATS unconventional! :lol:

Andy.
Yeah, I think it was quite light actually, but extreme fuzz tones.
and I'm an idiot (as I expect people realised)… NOT an OBC…. a PPC 212OB. All that fuzz got to my brain….