KillerWatt Power Amp and/or Image - got one????

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

DougDoppler

KillerWatt Power Amp and/or Image - got one????

Post by DougDoppler » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello friends:)

Does anyone here have one of these or a photo, preferably hi-res?

THANKS,

Doug

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Re: KillerWatt Power Amp and/or Image - got one????

Post by OrangePaul » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Sorry unfortunately no...
But looking forward as I'm sure many are to you're upcoming demos of the new Orange line 8)
Paul.

DougDoppler

Post by DougDoppler » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Hey Paul:

Made my day - thanks for that!

Cheers,

Doug

BTW, it should be obvious that I love the OR series, so it my affection for the OR100 is a given. I'll add that CS50 is TOTALLY AMAZING. While the Class A/B mode sounds great, the Class A setting is what I really fell in love with. Just felt and sounded "right". Thanks again:)
Last edited by DougDoppler on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi Doug.

What is a 'KillerWatt' Power Amp. You mean a 1000W Bass Terror or a newbie 1 watter? Sorry I've only got a diddy wee 900W bass amp, but that ain't an Orange. And nothing quite as small as a 1 watter.

Oh, and CD50? Something else we should know? :wink:

Keep up the good work / playing. Demos def good!

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

DougDoppler

Post by DougDoppler » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Hey Andy:)

5,000 POSTS??? wOw!!!

My bad, meant to type CS50 which was officially announced this past week...

The KillerWatt was a 1,000 watt power-amp that Orange made and they are very rare and I have a photo, but it's of poor resolution, so I figured if there was a place to find someone who had either the power-amp or a photo, this would be it!

Thanks for the kind words - appreciated. As I've said before on the forum, the guys at Orange really value your input and the community here...

Best,

Doug

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Aaaaargh! Doug... The strings.... in your sig pic.... they're not clipped.... My OCD is going on overdrive again....!!! :oops: :lol:

Never heard of that killerwatt thingy. Was that a valve preamp from the 70s?
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:54 pm

DougDoppler wrote:Hey Andy:)

5,000 POSTS??? wOw!!!

The KillerWatt was a 1,000 watt power-amp that Orange made and they are very rare and I have a photo, but it's of poor resolution, so I figured if there was a place to find someone who had either the power-amp or a photo, this would be it!

Thanks for the kind words - appreciated. As I've said before on the forum, the guys at Orange really value your input and the community here...

Best,

Doug
Actually you can add 10K to that. I used to post as Andy H. :wink:
http://forum.orangeamps.com/memberlist. ... file&u=756" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have never heard of that Orange 1KW power amp I'm afraid. News to me. Probably I should buy the Orange book. I take it it was mentioned there?

Best,
Andy.

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

DougDoppler

Post by DougDoppler » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Hey LPL:)

After years of gauging my finger tips on strings, I've come to appreciate not clipping the ends with a fond affection. I do however apologize that I have negatively impacted your OCD. There are things that annoy me like crooked paintings and photos on walls. The compulsion to just "fix it" is at times hard to ignore:)

Cheers mate:)

Doug
Les Paul Lover wrote:Aaaaargh! Doug... The strings.... in your sig pic.... they're not clipped.... My OCD is going on overdrive again....!!! :oops: :lol:

Never heard of that killerwatt thingy. Was that a valve preamp from the 70s?

DougDoppler

Post by DougDoppler » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:58 pm

That would make you the Fat Orange Duke of posts:)
a.hun wrote:

5,000 POSTS??? wOw!!!

Best,

Doug
http://forum.orangeamps.com/memberlist. ... file&u=756" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have never heard of that Orange 1KW power amp I'm afraid. News to me. Probably I should buy the Orange book. I take it it was mentioned there?

Best,
Andy.

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Yes you've got some serious catching up to do Doug if you ever want to beat Andy on that one :lol:
DougDoppler wrote:That would make you the Fat Orange Duke of posts:)
a.hun wrote:

5,000 POSTS??? wOw!!!

Best,

Doug

Best,
Andy.
Paul.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:40 pm

DougDoppler wrote:That would make you the Fat Orange Duke of posts:)
Nope, far from it Doug.

There are a couple of others with more total posts, and 7 with more than 10,000 posts right now.
http://forum.orangeamps.com/memberlist. ... file&u=905" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forum.orangeamps.com/memberlist. ... ile&u=2161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

13 Jan 2013 20:28 Amsterdam time (http://forum.orangeamps.com/memberlist.php wrote: 1
irish_admiral

Bluz57

bclaire

Neiloler

rrrajo

feider

Andy H.

a.hun
Not that I see it as any sort of competition. Otherwise I'd probably be a lot less long winded with most of my posts! :lol:

Andy.

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Hey, I made it to page two with my 1748 posts!

"Better to let them believe I'm a fool than to jump on my computer and prove them right." That's an exact quote from an 18th century wise man.

Doug, I have absolutely no idea as to what you're looking for but I figured I post for two reasons. 1. To keep this towards the top in case anyone has a pic you need and 2. to say I'm looking forward to catching more demos of you with the new Orange gear. Your playing the Strat through the OR50 on that demo really sealed the deal for me. I found a 40th Anni head, which has completely blown me away!

So for all that, thanks!
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bassdrop
Orange Master

Post by bassdrop » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:47 pm

I think if the forum measured word count per user Andy would win by a country mile :D
mmmmmm drop

Guthrie Matthews Method
http://www.guthriematthews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modified Fender Custom Shop Jazz, Warmoth P/J clone,
Orange AD200 MkIII, Barefaced Compact

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:16 am

bassdrop wrote:I think if the forum measured word count per user Andy would win by a country mile :D
Agree :D

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:27 am

bassdrop wrote:I think if the forum measured word count per user Andy would win by a country mile :D
bahah, this! and for good reason. his posts are always extremely in depth and helpful. one of the reasons i love this forum.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals