OT: Is Humbucker Music legit?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Ddjembe Mutombo
Orange Master

OT: Is Humbucker Music legit?

Post by Ddjembe Mutombo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 am

I know... probably a completely stupid question, but I do most of my gear shopping in local shops and on Sweetwater.

Anyways, as the title reads... Is Humbucker Music legit? Who has experience with ordering from them and how was the service?
Monty

ironlung40
Orange Master

Re: OT: Is Humbucker Music legit?

Post by ironlung40 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:45 am

I've been in their store in person several times. I don't know why anyone would question their legitimacy. They usually have good prices and even free shipping. there is a restocking fee for returns though, but I have played many Oranges in their store, and bought a few things too. Got a B stock cab and a R30 there once. Satisfied me. (that's what she said)
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 am

ironlung40 wrote:I don't know why anyone would question their legitimacy. Satisfied me. (that's what she said)
Maybe he's never seen one of their stores in person and is considering ordering online?
There's some dodgy places on the internet (that's what she told me anyway :) )
Paul.

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 am

there are plenty of dodgy places on the internet.

Humbucker Music is not one of them. now MusicToyz, on the other hand...
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:37 am

Humbucker Music is one of the best music stores I've ever dealt with. They're close to Orange USA in Atlanta so theyt pick up their own orders and give you free shipping.

Now just imagine what shipping on an Orange 4X10 bass cab should be and you'll quickly see that they're offering a real value. I bought my 4X10 bass cab from them and the transaction was flawless. I would recommend them without hesitation!

everdrone
Orange Expert

Post by everdrone » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:01 am

I made a thread like this two years ago, they are legit, others here bought from em too

my experience is that I bought a black arts pharaoh from them, free shipping, no probz
My solo downtuned HEAVY rock project: https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance

Guitarist and Bassist in Fort Worth, TEXAS

Spaceboy1
Orange Hero

Post by Spaceboy1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Great shop and service, not so great return policies.

msmith4432
Orange Master

Post by msmith4432 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Never bought from them, they have a big regional store close to my parents, they are a very big prange dealer and in their larger stores carry the whole line of orange. Yes they are very legit.
Mesa boogie Stiletto ace
OR 50 40th anniversary
Orange CS50
Orange 2x12 ppc
Mesa Boogie wide body 1x12
Gibson Les Paul custom black beauty(maple Fretboard)
Gibson Les Paul custom 58 vos
Gibson les Paul custom 57 vos

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:16 pm

humbucker is FULLY legit. i cannot recommend them highly enough, seriously.

my story: in the navy, at sea on a deployment, amp fund swelling nicely. had tried a few oranges and some other amps, but the TV50 had come out while i was at sea. my impatient self wanted my amp there when i got back. i decided to pull the trigger on it, after discussing some of the particulars with the HB staff. the bank didnt let the funds go immediately, so HB contacted me and let me know so i could clear it with the bank, and they were awesome about it. arrived back in the states to a pristine TV50 and PPC412, in their well-packed boxes sitting in the living room.

only minus is that the HB staff did not give me any advice on whether to spend time first with my new amp or my girlfriend.
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Y0UNGBL00D wrote:humbucker is FULLY legit. i cannot recommend them highly enough, seriously.

my story: in the navy, at sea on a deployment, amp fund swelling nicely. had tried a few oranges and some other amps, but the TV50 had come out while i was at sea. my impatient self wanted my amp there when i got back. i decided to pull the trigger on it, after discussing some of the particulars with the HB staff. the bank didnt let the funds go immediately, so HB contacted me and let me know so i could clear it with the bank, and they were awesome about it. arrived back in the states to a pristine TV50 and PPC412, in their well-packed boxes sitting in the living room.

only minus is that the HB staff did not give me any advice on whether to spend time first with my new amp or my girlfriend.
Ah! I remember you telling that story now, but for the life of me I can't remember which you said you chose :lol:
Paul.

mmsb13
Orange Hero

Post by mmsb13 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:32 am

My OR50 & 4x12 (see sig pic) came from them, along with some other gear ( wah, pedalboard, ect.). Called and spoke with them first, before placing the order. Very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. Everything arrived on time, packed well, no damage, pristine condition.

Highly recommended, will buy from them again.

They are great. Oh yea. . . got a really good price on everything & free shipping to boot. . . and you know how heavy an Orange 4x12 is! :mrgreen:
40th Anniversary OR50H & PPC412-LTD
Rickenbacker 370/6 VP JG & 370/12 VP FG
and other gear. . .

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:26 am

Y0UNGBL00D wrote:only minus is that the HB staff did not give me any advice on whether to spend time first with my new amp or my girlfriend.
shameful. you oughta report that one to the BBB. :roll:
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

bassdrop
Orange Master

Post by bassdrop » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:22 pm

I bought my AD200B from them in 2004. At the time the nearest Orange dealer with any in stock was over 300 miles away. I determined it to be cheaper to order it and send it back if I didn't like it. ....umm, needless to say I didn't send it back

They took the factory carton and packed it inside another box with foam peanuts in between. This was a good thing because UPS did not treat the exterior box very kindly at all. Also, they were the cheapest around for Orange prices that I've ever found. If you have some travel time to get to a dealer that may factor in favorably toward Humbucker.
mmmmmm drop

Guthrie Matthews Method
http://www.guthriematthews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modified Fender Custom Shop Jazz, Warmoth P/J clone,
Orange AD200 MkIII, Barefaced Compact

Bink
Orange Master

Post by Bink » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Yeah, another +1 for Humbucker.

Great store, great service. They're my go-to for online orders and they'll happily chat through options with you on the phone if you call them up.
Chris
PRS CU22
Present: TT, PPC 112 (Heritage G12M)
Past: AD15
Image Image

Ddjembe Mutombo
Orange Master

Post by Ddjembe Mutombo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Thanks, guys!

Backstory on the subject... My AD30 was stolen from the church that I played at while I was living in Houston. Humbucker's price was about 25% less than other stores for the unit. I got my replacement in a week ago and it works great. Customer service was great too.
Monty