Who has a gig this weekend?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

sidvicious
Orange Master

Re: Who has a gig this weekend?

Post by sidvicious » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:40 am

i have a repeating gig that i like. a local sports radio show is broadcast from a local bar. its live and covers all sorts of topics but focuses on college athletics. the hosts and guests will toss out songs as do call ins, so i get to fake it a lot.

i do the theme jingle and odd fills and sound effects, riffs, runs, chords, whatever.

its fun and not too serious. some times i nail it and many times its awful.
Orange TV50
Orange Rockerverb MkII 2x12 Combo
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
60's Silverface Fender Twin
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

Voomy

Post by Voomy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:07 am

Hi all first post,

My band Prisoners of Faith have a headlining gig at the railway fremantle perth tomorrow night!

First time i get to use my new Rockerverb 50 mkII

Pretty excited about it should be an entertaining show

Bring on the drink! :P

bassdrop
Orange Master

Post by bassdrop » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Really looking forward to our gig tonight at Stan and Joe's in Annapolis, MD. We have to cram into a very small stage that is essentially a large store display window, but that place gets so amped up- love it!
mmmmmm drop

Guthrie Matthews Method
http://www.guthriematthews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modified Fender Custom Shop Jazz, Warmoth P/J clone,
Orange AD200 MkIII, Barefaced Compact

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 pm

bclaire wrote:
Bensen wrote:
bclaire wrote:...
I built a couple of custom basses - Fender Musicmaster bass necks and bridges on Jazzmaster guitar bodies - with one Jazz Bass bridge pickup. Short scale but sound full scale and play awesome...
Pics PLEASE.

Wow, love 'em. they look really cool, like a guitar/Bass mix.
Now I want one too :D

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:27 pm

We have a gig on Saturday. We normally only play a set of anywhere from 45mins to an hour since we usually don't play covers, not many anyways. However, we've been hired at a place we've never played before to play for 4 hours. So we're going to do 2 hours of acoustic covers followed by 2 hours of our own music as a full band. Should be interesting with only a couple of days to prepare for the acoustic songs! :shock:
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Friday's show was our best yet. so fun.

Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:26 pm

We have a gig this Friday with something like four or five other bands. Obviously, the only one getting paid is probably the guy putting together the show... We're on second and after hearing clips from the other bands, we're going to kill them....

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:34 pm

How'd everyone's gigs go?

We had fun at ours. Some new Sherman stacks out front and just shy of 400 people there... some serious festive funk going on!
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 pm

----
Last edited by Y0UNGBL00D on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

Voomy

Post by Voomy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Awesome gig! not to bad of a turn out.
The Rockerverb was excellent heaps of good comments on my tone and volume, considering it was for ol' school heavy metal I think I am the only person in Perth Australia playing one of these in the metal scene except for some bassists.
I was a lil worried about the 50 watts being loud enough also being the first time i had played the amp with my band and pairing nicely with our other guitarists 100 watt dual rec.
Well the amp exceeded way past my little worries and excelled in every aspect.
Really happy with the result cant wait till we play live again. :D

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:50 am

irish_admiral wrote:How'd everyone's gigs go?

We had fun at ours. Some new Sherman stacks out front and just shy of 400 people there... some serious festive funk going on!
Awful turnout for us! :lol: maybe 20 people there during its peak. We were a last minute replacement for a band that dropped out at a bar in a hotel that most people in town don't even know exists. Only had a couple of days to promote it and almost all of our personal friends had xmas parties to go to that night. Surprisingly the acoustic part of the set went off without a hitch and was the best part of the night when the most people were there. By the end of the night, we were actually laughing at ourselves for playing to such an empty bar but we still got paid our garantee and the bar said they'd have us again, just give us more time to plan for a better turnout. Our next shows planned in January should make up for it at least!
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

myboss57
Orange Master

Post by myboss57 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Sounds like everyone is having/had/will have some great gigs here recently! Always good to hear, and it seems as if we are having fun too, which is the most part after all, right?

We had our first gig with the new band (basically my old band FIRES with a different drummer, only more aggressive/straightforward songs) Night Moves at a college, a benefit for the Children of Shambala. It was us, and some punk bands, and a rockabilly band. Pretty fun night, people seemed to dig us, and those who had heard our old band told us that they liked this direction a little better and were excited to hear/see us again. We only have 5 songs so far, and only played 4, but it was a fun 15 minutes! :lol:

Not a huge turnout, maybe 30 people including the other bands, raised a couple hundred bucks for the cause I think too. not bad!
Gibson SG Standard
http://www.nightmovesmd.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sovtek Mig 100h
TC Alter Ego
Mesa Oversized 412
Prev amps: 90s OD120, Tiny Terror, Rockerverb 100mk1