New mix test!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Post Reply
Wolfe
Tiny Terror
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 am

New mix test!

Post by Wolfe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Hey guys!

I've been working on a new mix and decided to make a short demo of it...

The song/clip/demo is appropriately named: "The Drone"

http://soundcloud.com/lucpreston/the-drone-new-mix

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Wolfy'
Image

Jondog
Duke of Orange
Posts: 7140
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: New mix test!

Post by Jondog » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:07 am

good, not my style though.
Image

OrangePaul
Orange Master
Posts: 2785
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:21 am
Location: UK

Re: New mix test!

Post by OrangePaul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:21 am

If that's you playing on all those tracks on there I'm very impressed young man!

I realise its all synced and cut up to the drum machine but never the less...isnt that how all the metal bands do it these days?

I had a feeling you would come back and do this to us one day :wink:
Paul.

Image

Jondog
Duke of Orange
Posts: 7140
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: New mix test!

Post by Jondog » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:28 pm

What amp are you using?
Image

Boy_Narf
Orange Master
Posts: 2436
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:27 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: New mix test!

Post by Boy_Narf » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Awesome! I would love to hear the finished product.
TT | R30 | R30C | PPC212V

PedalTrain2 | Zuma

GLXD16 | Decimate | FlashBackMini | ST1 | TimeLine | BlueSky | RangIII | DMC3XL | EX-50

www.scratchbuffalo.com
www.soundcloud.com/modestnews

Wolfe
Tiny Terror
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 am

Re: New mix test!

Post by Wolfe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Awesome, thanks for the replies!
OrangePaul wrote:If that's you playing on all those tracks on there I'm very impressed young man!

I realise its all synced and cut up to the drum machine but never the less...isnt that how all the metal bands do it these days?

I had a feeling you would come back and do this to us one day :wink:
It is me playing, thanks!
Jondog wrote:What amp are you using?
I'm actually using a POD xt pro :mrgreen: it's just so convenient and also, at 15 I can't really afford to use real amps.
Wolfy'
Image

Jondog
Duke of Orange
Posts: 7140
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: New mix test!

Post by Jondog » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Wolfe wrote:Awesome, thanks for the replies!
OrangePaul wrote:If that's you playing on all those tracks on there I'm very impressed young man!

I realise its all synced and cut up to the drum machine but never the less...isnt that how all the metal bands do it these days?

I had a feeling you would come back and do this to us one day :wink:
It is me playing, thanks!
Jondog wrote:What amp are you using?
I'm actually using a POD xt pro :mrgreen: it's just so convenient and also, at 15 I can't really afford to use real amps.
Didn't you used to have a TH30?
Image

Eddie Famine
Orange Hero
Posts: 499
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: New mix test!

Post by Eddie Famine » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Jondog wrote:
Wolfe wrote:Awesome, thanks for the replies!
OrangePaul wrote:If that's you playing on all those tracks on there I'm very impressed young man!

I realise its all synced and cut up to the drum machine but never the less...isnt that how all the metal bands do it these days?

I had a feeling you would come back and do this to us one day :wink:
It is me playing, thanks!
Jondog wrote:What amp are you using?
I'm actually using a POD xt pro :mrgreen: it's just so convenient and also, at 15 I can't really afford to use real amps.
Didn't you used to have a TH30?
and an Engl?

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6773
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am
Location: Derby, England

Re: New mix test!

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 pm

not my cuppa, but I think nicely played.


TBH, I wouldn't have gotten away with a valve amp volume at home when I was 14/15yo. SS/digital has its place indeed.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, AD5, PPC212
Past Orange: Orange AD30TC Combo, Tiny Terror

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange
Posts: 7140
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: New mix test!

Post by Jondog » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Jondog wrote:What amp are you using?
I'm actually using a POD xt pro :mrgreen: it's just so convenient and also, at 15 I can't really afford to use real amps.[/quote]
Didn't you used to have a TH30?[/quote] and an Engl?[/quote]

I don't want to be the first to say it.... :lol:
Image

Eddie Famine
Orange Hero
Posts: 499
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: New mix test!

Post by Eddie Famine » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:47 pm

Jondog wrote:
Jondog wrote:What amp are you using?
I'm actually using a POD xt pro :mrgreen: it's just so convenient and also, at 15 I can't really afford to use real amps.
Didn't you used to have a TH30?[/quote] and an Engl?[/quote]

I don't want to be the first to say it.... :lol:[/quote]
Bad Monkey?

Wolfe
Tiny Terror
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 am

Re: New mix test!

Post by Wolfe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:40 pm

:lol: The ironic thing is that the TH30 probably suits my current style more than the engl did.
Wolfy'
Image

DiabloS
Orange Master
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:20 am

New mix test!

Post by DiabloS » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:44 am

There's all kinds of irony in this thread! haha I'll say this though, that recording sounds pretty good for just a diy home demo. It's not my preferred style either, but I can't say it wouldn't be someone else's cup of tea. I started with a Line6 POD for home recording about 12-13 years ago before I even learned how to mic a guitar cabinet. I still own a POD XT live that I won't sell, just because it's that handy to have if I need a quick recording that sounds decent without making any noise at home. I've maybe used it twice in the last 2 years cause I way prefer the tone of a real tube amp, but that' not to say the Line6 POD doesn't have its place.

It's pretty easy for anyone that knows how to dial in a Line6 POD (if you do a little research it's possible) to get a good recorded tone without needing any expensive amps, pre-amps, mics, etc. It was a great tool to get me started making my own recordings and I've found other uses for it, like using it while tracking drums in a studio environment for scratch guitar tracks. It doesn't make any noise if you're in the same room as the drummer while recording drums and it sounds better than going straight into something without it.

Of course you'll find a lot of naysayers about modelling on here, I'm one of them myself when it comes to comparing the dynamic feel with a real tube amp, but this is a good example of where it still works well in some cases.

The drums sound good, but they sound a little too machine-like imo, it kinda suits the style, but something a little more human/groove oriented would probably take this song to another level, good job overall though!
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests