Guitar pedal with headphone output?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jax510
Rocker

Guitar pedal with headphone output?

Post by jax510 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 am

Sometimes other people can be narrow minded about things like volume and noises and sleeping and other non music making things. I would like something cheap I can plug headphones into and still get stereo sound. The twist with this is I am wanting a jam man solo to practice with (whether using headphones or not) and record music ideas so I don't forget them. The headphone input would have to be after the jam man and I don't want to use something I will end up wishing I was using when recording the loop.

What is the cheapest pedal with a headphone jack out there?

Possible other options: A little practice amp on a clean setting with a headphone jack that would mute the amps speaker?

If it comes down to it, it's not like this is a huge deal but I would hate to find out I could have had what I wanted all along if I had just asked someone.

Suggestions?

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Re: Guitar pedal with headphone output?

Post by irish_admiral » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 pm

My Vox Pathfinder 15R has a headphone out which mutes the speaker, only the headphones sound tends to be pretty poor.

The headphone outs on modelling boards tend to be one of the few places you'll find a headphone socket on effects.
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Traynor Quarterhorse. Selling super cheap at the moment.

Woodsie
Orange Expert

Post by Woodsie » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:34 pm

I have an old Digitech GNX3 multi fx floor board. It has all the multi fx and amp modeling, a headphone jack, aux input for ipod and an 8 track recorder built in. It's not something I would ever gig with but for at home, headphone practice and jamming, it's awesome.
==================================================================

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:51 pm

i'm sure if you got a 1/4 to 1/8th inch adapter to go with it, any of the Tech 21 Character pedals would work great.

i have a British (marshall simulator), and it sounds great. I use it as a silent recording/late night practice out, and as a backup amp to send to a PA live. haven't tried it with a PA yet though. takes pedals well too, when you run it clean.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

mr_william
Orange Master

Post by mr_william » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:35 am

sounds to me you'd be better off with a headphone amp...

theres a couple of routes to go down:

something digital like a pod - plenty of effects if thats your thing...

theres some analogue offerings out there too - i was doing a little reading on the palmer pocket amp earlier... it can also be battery powered

a practice amp with a headphone out

a pedal into a mixer...

obviously, theres the microcrush from orange! - though i dont know if it has an aux input or can be battery powered?
Will.
Bink wrote:Will you're a genius!! :D
Randy Bass wrote:For the record, mr_william is a genius :D .

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:58 am

also, not a pedal, but check out the Vox AmPlug series.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

jax510
Rocker

Post by jax510 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:04 am

After thinking about the dd 20 for a bit I remembered I had a boss ce 20 which is the same double pedal style I got in a trade a while back. Turns out it had a headphone jack as well :P My headphones came with an adaptor and since I am not really a chorus using guy I think it will work, and I can easily plug my pedal board in to it. I also may sell/trade it for a multi effects pedal or a cheap amp with headphone connector as suggested above down the road.

Thanks for the ideas!

bmxbandit
Orange Hero

Post by bmxbandit » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:40 pm

You could buy the rocksmith usb cable to plug your guitar/pedal board chain into a computer or laptop and jam away with headphones off of that if you have some recording software. That will probably sound way better than a headphone amp and give you the option to track your ideas. For headphone jamming its probably the best sounding solution on the cheap.
http://therestlessdays.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fiveightandten
Orange Master

Post by fiveightandten » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:19 am

Why not just buy a used PODxt?

I've had one for years. I'm an old school bare bone tube amp kinda guy and believe me, it sounds pretty good for what it is. When I want to record ideas, I just plug the USB cable into my computer and load up garage band. Super easy.

-Nick
'71 GRO100 || '96 OR-80 || AD30 || '64 AC-50 || AC-30TBX || Hiwatt DR504 || HI-TONE HT30
LP Standard || LP Studio || LP Custom Lite || Ric 620 || Ric 360 || MIA Tele || SG 61 RI