ORANGE CONTENT: WitchFeet (my band) debut album is released!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Hey buds. My band WitchFeet has just released our debut full-length album. About half the guitar parts are an Orange Rocker 30 and the other half are a 50w Marshall JMP. My bandmate and I recorded it. Check it out here:

http://witchfeet.bandcamp.com/album/art-garbage

Word.

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Re: ORANGE CONTENT: WitchFeet (my band) debut album is relea

Post by Thinline_slim » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Awesome man, congrats!

Looking forward to picking up a copy.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

The recording is really clear and natural sounding, sounds really good!
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

hitgar
Orange Hero

Post by hitgar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Sounds great!

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks everyone! This record was a year in the making so glad to finally have it out.

nlimbaugh
Orange Master

Post by nlimbaugh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Will check it out soon. Been busy. All the tracks I've heard have been really good.

misterMagoo
Orange Master

Post by misterMagoo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:36 pm

congratz dude. I haven't listened yet but I'll definitely pick up a copy. Good luck and much success to you guys
-Joe
My mother wears army boots.

RV50 mkI
AC30 combo

Hot tamale.

http://lifereformatted.wordpress.com/
Check out my blog - adventure, travel, and the meaning of life.

Duppy03
Rocker

Post by Duppy03 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Sounds excellent. I'll be in the studio for a quick two day recording session. Taking the Dual Terror with me. I'll be sure to let you know when the new recordings are up on our Bandcamp page.

Which side is the Orange and which side is the Marshall?
Orange Dual Terror
Marshall Superbass
Laney Supergroup 60
Fender Silverface Pro Reverb
Marshall 1960A cab with G12-65's

http://www.the13club.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://the13club.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Duppy03 wrote:Sounds excellent. I'll be in the studio for a quick two day recording session. Taking the Dual Terror with me. I'll be sure to let you know when the new recordings are up on our Bandcamp page.

Hey, thanks for listening! There's so much guitar stuff going on I'd have to tell you part by part which amp is being used for that particular guitar part. There really aren't sides for each amp/player. I panned stuff where it fell into place best. There's many many layers of overdubs going on most of the time. Generally speaking I'm always using the Orange and the other guitarist the Marshall, but we mixed it up from on a few instances as well. There are probably some tunes where there are ten guitar tracks or more.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 pm

baytamusic wrote:
Duppy03 wrote:Sounds excellent. I'll be in the studio for a quick two day recording session. Taking the Dual Terror with me. I'll be sure to let you know when the new recordings are up on our Bandcamp page.

Hey, thanks for listening! There's so much guitar stuff going on I'd have to tell you part by part which amp is being used for that particular guitar part. There really aren't sides for each amp/player. I panned stuff where it fell into place best. There's many many layers of overdubs going on most of the time. Generally speaking I'm always using the Orange and the other guitarist the Marshall, but we mixed it up from on a few instances as well. There are probably some tunes where there are ten guitar tracks or more.

Gave it a quick listen tonight (on crappy laptop speakers though :(), it sounds pretty good!
Is "she talks to strangers" on another album then? (really like that track)
Will need to give it all a proper listen on 1/2 decent speakers.

You;re talking about up to 10 guitar tracks on some songs - just repeating the same music to get more depth in tone? otherwise, how do you go about repeating that live?
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:26 pm

She Talks to Strangers was on our first EP from 2010. It's not on this record. Thanks though, I like that song a lot too, it's still in our live set.

It definitely is not going to sound super great on a laptop as it has a lot of dynamics and the kick drum and bass guitar are generally at a pretty low frequency with not a lot of clicky high end stuff going on (aside from track one).

Ten guitar tracks in the sense that there may be doubles of a part with a certain guitar tone with maybe three for four mics to choose from at mix time. Then the other guitar player's rhythm part also doubled with multiple mics. Then leads would be doubled with multiple mics. Some songs have more than one lead or rhythm sound as well. Stuff starts to add up.

We can reproduce almost everything live aside from the songs with two acoustics that change to electric or a couple guitar things in the background we added on for atmospheric purposes. We will also add two rhythm tracks where live maybe one cuts off as a guitar player plays a lead. All the songs were written as a live band and are played live just how there were written. We just go nuts layering stuff when we record. For instance Frozenaire when played live has no acoustics, it's all electric. Nothing really important is missing when played live.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Interesting! Can you arrange europe (UK) shipping? (just PM me details if that's OK - I hate MP3 & like CDs..... :mrgreen:)

It's intersting to note as well that at the sheer volume interactions between live and CD are huge - whereas live you fel the thing through you and fills aren't necessarily needed, it can make a big difference when listenning to a CD.

(and my laptop speakers are shamefully sub standard - funnily enough, despite the crappy speakers, that budget laptop is the BEST AND MOST stable computer I've ever used..... go figure....)
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 pm

My laptop speakers are garbage on my Macbook too.

You can order the CD straight from the link if you're interested. We have worldwide shipping available. If you click add to cart and you can see the cost in ₤ and shipping cost too.

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:54 pm

I guess that would be "Buy it Now" not add to cart.

Woodsie
Orange Expert

Post by Woodsie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:36 am

Sounds awesome bro. I'm listening to it right now. Recording quality is good,yes but the tunes are killer too. I'm jealous. I play in a cover band but i'd love to do some originals.
==================================================================