My Vintage Fender restoration project

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Taronja
Orange Master

My Vintage Fender restoration project

Post by Taronja » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:53 am

I got this guitar from a friend back in the mid 90's

When he got it had a really cool yellowed paint, the paint was nicely checked threw out the whole body, really neat looking, unfortunately my buddy didn't like it and decided to strip it all off and paint it "battle ship grey" with some kind of house paint, it was bad!!!. Then a while later on during a night of partying we took it, sanded it down and did one of those multi color splash on paint jobs, WTF???

Then is sat in the basement for years untill about 2 years ago I had it professionly painted Seafoam green, I bought many new parts, it's just needs to be screwed together, it needs a nut and of-course a set up. I'm trying to remenber whete i put them, there somewhere around, I have original 50's brass saddles for it, the pick guard and chrome control plate is an original mid 60's. The bridge plate is the original late 70's.

The black pick guard is the original with the original wireing and pots, the pickup is some type of active EMG

When I get it together I'm gonna sell it to help pay for a CD that's in the works

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: My Vintage Fender restoration project

Post by Jondog » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:02 pm

Looks nice! Gotta say, I've never been to a late night party that breaks out into a guitar restoration!

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:16 pm

Jondog wrote: I've never been to a late night party that breaks out into a guitar restoration!
I wish I could say that, theres been crazy partying down this way, I wouldn't call it "guitar restoration" that night, just a few of us drunk (and on other things id rather not mention here) splashing paint all over a guitar body and thinking how awsome it looks until you snap out if it and wonder what the heck you were doing.

You should see the Bass we poured gun powder all over and lit up in my living room :o

That one got stolen...

AHHhhh, those were the day's.... :?

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

hitgar
Orange Hero

Post by hitgar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Nice. I like quirky guitars. Is it routed out under the pick guard so you could put a bridge pickup in it?

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Hey Jon-

Looks good! Do you want a solid pickup cover to make it look more original? Don't know how that will affect the pickup but it'll look more period correct....