Orange Content: Graveyard - Lights Out (2012) Released Today

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

DiabloS
Orange Master

Orange Content: Graveyard - Lights Out (2012) Released Today

Post by DiabloS » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Cool pics Ironlung!

And yes the new The Sword album is really good as well!

... but what bad timing for Graveyard.. just read this off their facebook page, hope he gets better soon!

"It's not only rock ‘n’ roll.

Sometimes in life you have to make decisions that are neither simple or easy to make. Graveyard have - after a time filled with difficulties and a search for solutions - been forced to make such a decision. Due to personal problems with addiction, it has come to the point where Rikard, to get the proper help, will have to take a break from touring with the band. Rikard is without a doubt still a member of Graveyard, but as things are at the moment it just doesn't work and something has to be done. The other members give Rikard their full support and the time off needed to try to beat this.

How this will affect the band - it is agreed upon by all four members that the show will go on and to do so the band will tour with a stand in bassplayer.
This has been a far from easy decision to make and the timing isn't the best. But Graveyard as a band has it's mind set on being around for a long time to come. And looking at it from that perspective and Rikards personal health this is the only option. This is all the band have got to say about this somewhat personal matter and we'll give the final words to Rikard himself:

"After living the hard life for most of my life. It has come to the point that I have to take a break from playing the music that I love."
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

ironlung40
Orange Master

Re: Orange Content: Graveyard - Lights Out (2012) Released T

Post by ironlung40 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:34 am

DiabloS wrote:Cool pics Ironlung!

And yes the new The Sword album is really good as well!

... but what bad timing for Graveyard.. just read this off their facebook page, hope he gets better soon!

"It's not only rock ‘n’ roll.

Sometimes in life you have to make decisions that are neither simple or easy to make. Graveyard have - after a time filled with difficulties and a search for solutions - been forced to make such a decision. Due to personal problems with addiction, it has come to the point where Rikard, to get the proper help, will have to take a break from touring with the band. Rikard is without a doubt still a member of Graveyard, but as things are at the moment it just doesn't work and something has to be done. The other members give Rikard their full support and the time off needed to try to beat this.

How this will affect the band - it is agreed upon by all four members that the show will go on and to do so the band will tour with a stand in bassplayer.
This has been a far from easy decision to make and the timing isn't the best. But Graveyard as a band has it's mind set on being around for a long time to come. And looking at it from that perspective and Rikards personal health this is the only option. This is all the band have got to say about this somewhat personal matter and we'll give the final words to Rikard himself:

"After living the hard life for most of my life. It has come to the point that I have to take a break from playing the music that I love."
Damn that sucks! He talked my head off that night in Atlanta! He was such a great great guy, and just went on and on about how it was his dream to be playing music and "making" it in the "U.S." He was really passionate about his music and very thankful to all of his (Graveyard's) supporters. He seemed like a very kind and sincere person. I bought about 5 t-shirts that night to help support them, and he thanked me a dozen times for doing so. He is such a great bass player especially within that band. No way will they be the same until he returns.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Alex Sheeny
Rocker

Post by Alex Sheeny » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:54 pm

That's crazy man, they just posted this a second before I replied the post yesterday.

ironlung, you know what kind of addiction he's fighting? I mean, like I said to them, Graveyard is not the same without him like Sabbath is not the same without Bill Ward.

Sad news for me too, I've never seen them live and I would like to see them WITH Rikard. For sure.

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Alex Sheeny wrote:That's crazy man, they just posted this a second before I replied the post yesterday.

ironlung, you know what kind of addiction he's fighting? I mean, like I said to them, Graveyard is not the same without him like Sabbath is not the same without Bill Ward.

Sad news for me too, I've never seen them live and I would like to see them WITH Rikard. For sure.
I honestly don't know. The night I was with them, the only thing going on was beer. Everyone was very normal and obviously not high, just a little buzzed and a little worn down from touring. But, that is just one night, who knows. Those pictures where taken in 2009, though, if I recall correctly. either 2009 or 2010, so a lot can happen in 2-3 years.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

everdrone
Orange Expert

Post by everdrone » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:15 am

cool pentagram movie, thanks for the recommendation! just finished it, really rough beginning there with the 50 year old relapsing issue as the predicate. I appreciate the super happy ending and that they are still touring, very cool :)
My solo downtuned HEAVY rock project: https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance

Guitarist and Bassist in Fort Worth, TEXAS

Belford
Tiny Terror

Post by Belford » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Yes, they're mindblowing!! And Orange guys as well 8) Been listening to the debut & follow-ups almost daily since '08.. just got tickets for 3 gigs in april. The new record feels somewhat dreamier (sadder even) than Hisingen Blues, deep lyrics again. A few songs are too short though I think..
Sad to hear about Rikard but that's for the better. His skills and style make a great impression. Also great guys, met them in a pub 2 times.

They have to been seen live, as they're one of the most dynamic bands I've ever encountered - people always cheer when their music changes to the calm part (!).

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Belford wrote:Yes, they're mindblowing!! And Orange guys as well 8) Been listening to the debut & follow-ups almost daily since '08.. just got tickets for 3 gigs in april. The new record feels somewhat dreamier (sadder even) than Hisingen Blues, deep lyrics again. A few songs are too short though I think..
Sad to hear about Rikard but that's for the better. His skills and style make a great impression. Also great guys, met them in a pub 2 times.

They have to been seen live, as they're one of the most dynamic bands I've ever encountered - people always cheer when their music changes to the calm part (!).
YES!!! I'm glad you mentioned this.........the live dynamics of this band are awesome. None of the CD's do their live show justice. If you often wish you could go back to the 70's and experience those great rock n roll shows of yesteryear, then you've got to go to a Graveyard show, it is literally like stepping back in time.

But with that said, their music transcends that vintage flavor and transforms into something all its own. It's kinda short-changing them to call them a "retro" band.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Belford
Tiny Terror

Post by Belford » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Yep, luckily the first record gives the same feeling. Last time I saw them they played a 10+ minute
version of 'Thin Line', which was just hypnotic. 8)
Here's a clip from Bonnaroo that gives just a shallow representation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOCLr_19 ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;