Just dimed the Rocker 30 Natural Channel...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Just dimed the Rocker 30 Natural Channel...

Post by Jondog » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:46 pm

....it felt good....real good... :mrgreen:

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Just dimed the Rocker 30 Natural Channel...

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:07 am

Eh, eh.....

I've loved doing the same o my rockerverb clean channel - straight up good old fashioned classic rock!!! :mrgreen:

Just incredibly loud.... :( The RV50 sounds like pure led zep then - how's the rocker clean channel cranked????
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:47 am

All power tube distortion, great sustain, articulate, harmonically rich, just awesome rock tone!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:31 am

Jondog wrote:All power tube distortion, great sustain, articulate, harmonically rich, just awesome rock tone!
Sounds like the RV50 celan cranked - which would make sense as those clean channel are quite alike! Rather glorious that full pelt tone, isn't it???? :mrgreen:
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Jondog wrote:....it felt good....real good... :mrgreen:
Sorry I just don't hear you anymore... what did you say again?? :mrgreen:
Paul.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Jondog wrote:All power tube distortion, great sustain, articulate, harmonically rich, just awesome rock tone!
I do love the Natural channel. Pure distilled essence of Orange goodness!!! 8)
Yeah, it isn't just the tone, the feel is amazing too. The way a nice power stage reacts to your playing when being pushed is different from any preamp overdrive. IMO it is plain old better!!!

BTW I don't know if it is pure power valve distortion or not. Power amp stage yes, but that can include the phase inverter too. Sometimes when you'd think it is the power valves distorting they really aren't or only very little. Perfect example is a cranked Marshall 'Plexi' Superlead... :shock:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpo ... stcount=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd suspect in this case though it likely is largely the valves themselves. But who cares, it is GOOD CLEAN DIRTY FUN!!!

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:09 am

a.hun wrote:
I do love the Natural channel. Pure distilled essence of Orange goodness!!! 8)
Yeah, it isn't just the tone, the feel is amazing too. The way a nice power stage reacts to your playing when being pushed is different from any preamp overdrive. IMO it is plain old better!!!

BTW I don't know if it is pure power valve distortion or not. Power amp stage yes, but that can include the phase inverter too. Sometimes when you'd think it is the power valves distorting they really aren't or only very little. Perfect example is a cranked Marshall 'Plexi' Superlead... :shock:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpo ... stcount=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd suspect in this case though it likely is largely the valves themselves. But who cares, it is GOOD CLEAN DIRTY FUN!!!

Andy.
I can see the phase inverter playing big part in it. As good as the dirty channel sounds on the amp, I really enjoy the pureness of the Natural channel. Cleans up nicely with just pick attack alone and crunches like crazy when you hit em hard. I've read people on here say its not as loud as the dirty channel, I don't hear that. If you play it clean, yes, but the way I look at it, it's not a clean channel. Its a rock amp channel.

secretsoundz

Post by secretsoundz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:59 am

One of my favorite overdriven tones of all time is diming out the volume on the clean channel of my AD30HTC....it's that textbook classic rock tone.
:mrgreen:

Woodsie
Orange Expert

Post by Woodsie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:58 am

secretsoundz wrote:One of my favorite overdriven tones of all time is diming out the volume on the clean channel of my AD30HTC....it's that textbook classic rock tone.
By that do you mean having the master all the way up, taking it out I the circuit, and cranking the gain? Holy bleeding ears!
==================================================================

Dave666
Orange Hero

Post by Dave666 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:09 pm

My favorite Led Zeppelin tone is in there, natural channel fully cranked with my Telecaster
Orange Rocker30C loaded with a Creamback 65
Zilla Super Fatboy 2x12 loaded with Creamnback 65's
Gibson Flying-V - PRS Mira S2