Good on you, Billie..

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

starling1
Rocker

Good on you, Billie..

Post by starling1 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 pm

For telling those phuckers how it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ttobb9APqg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Good on you, Billy..

Post by Jondog » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:06 pm

I'll give him credit for making a stand, but... what do you expect at a festival like that.

Gray
Orange Expert

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Green Day is still around? Who knew. He threw a tantrum, wether he was right to do so or not. Giving them 1 minute in the middle of a song was a stupid move, but punk bands should be used to having their time cut.

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 pm

I hope you took note Andy at just how well that neck joint held up! :mrgreen:
Paul.

ScottyDanger
Orange Hero

Post by ScottyDanger » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 pm

It really seems like the whole iHR breakdown was staged for publicity, I read an interview with the festival founder who said they were 'in on the joke' or something to that extent. It was in a Billboard article. He's definitely looked a bit strung out on something at all of the press appearances I've seen, so I believe the rehab stuff is for real and not a publicity move.

For what it's worth, I do like the band quite a bit and I'm enjoying the new album. They're the band that inspired me to pick up the bass at 14 and here I am today working in music.
SG Standard / Telecaster / Cyclone
Fender '65 Princeton Reverb RI
MXR - M102 / M103 / M169

Eddie Famine
Orange Hero

Post by Eddie Famine » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 pm

ScottyDanger wrote:It really seems like the whole iHR breakdown was staged for publicity, I read an interview with the festival founder who said they were 'in on the joke' or something to that extent. It was in a Billboard article. He's definitely looked a bit strung out on something at all of the press appearances I've seen, so I believe the rehab stuff is for real and not a publicity move.

For what it's worth, I do like the band quite a bit and I'm enjoying the new album. They're the band that inspired me to pick up the bass at 14 and here I am today working in music.
I don't think it was an inside joke or some Andy Kaufman performance piece as much as a drug addled temper tantrum. He comes off looking like a prima donna who just learned some sailor talk.

sizzlingbadger
Orange Hero

Post by sizzlingbadger » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Eddie Famine wrote: I don't think it was an inside joke or some Andy Kaufman performance piece as much as a drug addled temper tantrum. He comes off looking like a prima donna who just learned some sailor talk.
+1

nlimbaugh
Orange Master

Post by nlimbaugh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 pm

I'm actually surprised he's been able to go so long without really making an ass of himself or going to rehab. Props to the prima donna.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Good on you, Billie..

Post by bclaire » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Haven't watched the video yet but I did go to see the American Idiot show and was amazed at how well Green Day songs translated into show tunes... :mrgreen:

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:56 am

Jeez! You spend all that time putting on mascara and they don't even let you finish your set :cry: .

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:21 am

OrangePaul wrote:I hope you took note Andy at just how well that neck joint held up! :mrgreen:
That is what I'm screaming right now!!! A big ole capital DAMN!!! That neck held up something fierce......Makes me want one....I can't believe it took that abuse for so long. I kinda figured it would have broken higher up on the neck as well nearer to the headstock....ya know kinda splintered up that way, but it just came apart at the glued joint. I bet it is totally repairable. I've seen Fenders handle that, but don't believe I've ever seen a Gibby do that.

Must be nice to be able to break pile of poop and just get new shiny pile of poop the next morning. Edit: just saw the editor's work!! :lol: You can't polish a turd, so a shiny pile of poop makes no sense, but you get my point.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Ade
Orange Hero

Post by Ade » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:58 am

Either an advertisement for a good neck joint or a sad indictment on Mr Armstrong's upper-body strength. My first reaction was that it was completely staged, but then if you staged that you'd make sure it took you no more then a few hits to snap Jr. He just comes off as a whiney, inarticulate, rather strung-out has been complaining the "man" won't pay him no respect. You choose to dance with the devil Mr Armstrong...

For a lesson in growing old gracefully with artistic merit, check out Dinosaur Jr's new single (great clip too).
Orange AD15/12 - Orange AD50 - 1975 PPC412

philhed
Rocker

Post by philhed » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

ironlung40 wrote:
OrangePaul wrote:I hope you took note Andy at just how well that neck joint held up! :mrgreen:
I've seen Fenders handle that, but don't believe I've ever seen a Gibby do that.
Ade wrote: but then if you staged that you'd make sure it took you no more then a few hits to snap
the bassist who spontainiously also starts trying to smash his instrument looks even less successful!

good ol´fender p-bass quality, i bet there are only some minor scratches on it.

maybe that´s the way to get a slight relic job done to a guitar...giving it to green day and tell them to smash it.

p.s.

maybe they should have tried this:

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:44 pm

What a complete tool.......
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Hero! :P
I was thinking exactly that too. Either that or somebody hadn't had their porridge that morning and / or eaten enough beans as a kid...

No big surprise though. The real problem with (some :wink:) Gibson neck to body joints has nothing at all to do with strength. Everything to do with wood to wood contact though = resonance. Wood glue is way stronger but way less musically resonant than wood... :wink:
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, if I wanted to smash a Gibson I'd have a go at the other end of the neck first. Much easier!* :lol:

The common Gibson headstock break thing isn't a quality issue, just generic to the design. (One piece neck with a back angled mahogany headstock where the short wood grain goes across the angle.) A simple (cleanly done!) scarf joint would solve that. Epiphone do it, but Gibson don't. Guess which'll break first, Epi or Gibbo?
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpo ... stcount=24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anywayyyyy...

Back on topic:
philhed wrote:maybe that´s the way to get a slight relic job done to a guitar...giving it to green day and tell them to smash it.
Perfect! :mrgreen:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!