just won a jackson DK2M on ebay for £167!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 pm

So I just won a Jackson DK2M in snow white on eBay for £167!

Guy is delivering to me on Thursday at my work.

Missed playing hair metal so this will be the new guitar. I brought it without pickups as he used them on another guitar and I didn't really fancy another jb and 59 set as it would be identical to my old charvel. Also the term arm is missing.

So a custom job it will be. I'm thinking dimarzio super distortion in the bridge but really not sure on a neck pickup. Any thoughts? Something for smooth flowing liquid leads?

Going to cost up an original Floyd rose too and big brass block. Prob get some heavy springs and d-tuna too. Possibily a tremol-no too as kmlambs has said its pretty good. Not sure tho as d-tuna will prob make pull backs difficult.

If not an ofr then need to get an arm for the jt580lp term but not easy finding what size will fit.

Here's some pics from eBay auction

Tone is everything

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: just won a jackson DK2M on ebay for £167!

Post by bclaire » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Cool! Great price! Congratulations!

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Cheers, I know the majority of people prob aren't fussed as its a metal type guitar but I had to tell someone! :lol:
Tone is everything

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:18 am

thats freaking SWEET!!!!! 8)

mucho congrats!!!!

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:43 am

Yeah, that's a good guitar for the price. I got a good deal on a Jackson DKMGT a few years ago on ebay, it was a great player but it came with EMG's and I just eventually went back to more classic guitars like SG's, Teles, Strats, etc. When I traded it in for a new Tele at the store, I actually got more for it on trade-in value than I paid for it on ebay so it was a good investment either way.

I also like your choice of bridge pickup, if I ever decide to make one of my P90 SG's a humbucker sounding guitar, my first choice would be a Dimarzio Super Distortion that fits in a P90 slot. It's one of those pickups that I've kept in mind for years as something I might like to try, the name might be misleading as it's actually just as well suited for classic rock as it is for metal. Let us know how it sounds once you get that pickup in there.

As for a neck pickup for smooth sounding leads, the same pickup Slash uses is pretty good for that liquidy kinda tone. I had put one in an Ibanez I owned years ago and it was great for that sound, I'm pretty sure it was a Seymour Duncan Alnico II if I"m not mistaken.
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

Dunky
Orange Expert

Post by Dunky » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 pm

I nearly bid on the same guitar, but then common sense ( lack of cash) kicked in.
I've been gassing for a Jackson for a while now especially the Bengal blue DKT 2M, making me jealous big time :D
I've just put EMG 85 bridge and SA singles in my Ibanez Rg550 and couldn't be more pleased for classic rock, set the guitar volume to 6ish and the amp to drive then push the guitar for lead tones, put a emg SPC in for the neck single coil, bliss.
If you can pick some up on eBay cheap I'd consider them.

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:28 pm

They seem to be going for dirt cheap prices. I've watched one not sell 3 times with a start bid of £275 with hard case. I nearly got one few years back but they were £600+ New and 2ndhand were going for 450+

Would of got the other on eBay if I didn't plan to rip out the pickups lol
Tone is everything