NGD fender Jaguarillo

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

cica1066
Tiny Terror

NGD fender Jaguarillo

Post by cica1066 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:37 pm

After quite some time in my horrible job i found my self with a small surplus of pennies. Thus like any sensible person I decided to use my pennies a stimulus packege to the music shops of scotland. With the intent of trying a tele and the micro terror I found myself holding this guitar. The guitar just spoke to me, the neck is the most confortable neck ive ever used, acoustically is sounded sweet and it just was soo fun to play. After a while of playing unplugged the salesman plugged me into the OR 50 and 2x12 next to me. Smart move ... so I bought it i wouldnt have been able to part with it.
I havnt put in much time with the rocker Ive got most of the week off so ill give a fuller reveiw tomorrow.

Pics! i hope (not sure how to do it)

ScottyDanger
Orange Hero

Re: NGD fender Jaguarillo

Post by ScottyDanger » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Huge pic, but I was able to zoom it out. Killer guitar, I wish I had a reason to buy one, I love everything about it. Perfect strap for it, too. That's a oft-overlooked accessory.

Can't wait to hear more about how it gets along with the Rocker. Congrats!
SG Standard / Telecaster / Cyclone
Fender '65 Princeton Reverb RI
MXR - M102 / M103 / M169

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:00 am

I commend you for being a patriotic Scot :mrgreen: .

That really is a great-looking guitar, especially the color and pickup combination. I like the big headstock too. I'm on the fence about the strap :D .

hitgar
Orange Hero

Post by hitgar » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:35 am

Really nice guitar! :mrgreen:
Congrats, have fun.

Jackson5
Tiny Terror

Post by Jackson5 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 am

that guitar tempts me too

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:57 am

Those guitars certainly are cool. Sure it's basically just a fat strat made to lookike a jaguar, but they did a good job on this pawn shop model. Cant really say that for the rest of them though....

myboss57
Orange Master

Post by myboss57 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:37 am

Sweet! Congrats indeed. Looks to be a really nice guitar!
Gibson SG Standard
http://www.nightmovesmd.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sovtek Mig 100h
TC Alter Ego
Mesa Oversized 412
Prev amps: 90s OD120, Tiny Terror, Rockerverb 100mk1

Dave666
Orange Hero

Post by Dave666 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm a fan!!! Fat Strats are very nice guitars but I'm not a big fan of the stratocaster shape... this is much cooler looking!

Congrats and let us know how it sounds through the one and only ROCKER :twisted: :wink:
Orange Rocker30C loaded with a Creamback 65
Zilla Super Fatboy 2x12 loaded with Creamnback 65's
Gibson Flying-V - PRS Mira S2

cica1066
Tiny Terror

Post by cica1066 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:30 pm

So today I got a good session with it and the rocker 30. First impressions :sheer awsumsause. I play very loud (the only positive ablout living in the country) volume 11 oclock gain 1 oclock or there abouts with a flat eq. This guitar is just soo fun to play, the short scale and the neck make it a dream to play, and that it acts like two guitars in one. It does this as the single coils give a very strat like sound (a wee bit different maby its the short scale or the angle there at) thats a tad sweeter but the bridge humbucker gives it a huge jump in output, far more than any fat strat ive tried (though ive not tried a proper one). This pick up arrangement was meant to be for the rockers dirty channel imo. As my biggest gripe about the amp was its hard to get a good boost for solos etc. The humbucker has a tonne of edge it just slices through the air in a very harmonically rich way so no real need for a boost pedal just put it to the bucker in the bridge and voila solo boost. The single coils compliment the punchy nature of the amp nicely on the dirty. Very suitable for classic rock grunge indie rock not sure for metal as I dont play any.
On cleaner settings its just a joy on the neck middle and inbetween settings very mellow clear and can get chimey with the help of an eq, these settings are my favouite atm. The inbetween neck and middle does the strat quack but its got a different vibe to its just subtley different though. The humbucker is sadly lack-luster on the natural channel just sounds out of place, not bad just not what I want out of a clean sound but hey cant win everything. I can get a very nice jazz sound out of this but it really excells at ambient sounds with a delay after it.
The Jaguarillo is definatley a guitar you want to play with the control knobs with, it offers such a huge tonal pallette Im like a child in a sweet shop with it. Hands down this is the most versitlie guitar Ive owned. I even like the tremolo its smoth and keeps tune and the lock feature is pretty neat too with the added bonus of 3rd bridge playing. This guitar may seem like a fat strat but it does have a sweeter sound and it looks way cooler (and if you have enough effects you can pretend your in sonic youth).

TLDR awsum on the rockers dirty channel, mellow on clean except on the bridges wich was very meh.
ps sorry bout the huge pics im not to good at the internets...