Weber speakers

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Always Smooth

Weber speakers

Post by Always Smooth » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:56 am

So i have a quad of weber speakers on the way for my emperor 4x12, and im wondering if anyone here is familiar/experienced with them. They have a variant for all the best celestion models and are all US made so how can I lose right?? I have 4 of their version of a greenback on the way, so my celestions just might be up for sale in the near future.

Anyone with feedback send it this way, I would love to hear it.

Nork
Orange Master

Re: Weber speakers

Post by Nork » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:25 am

i've had a weber 1225 for almost 4 years now. nicely broken in. love it. smoothed right out.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

Eddie Famine
Orange Hero

Post by Eddie Famine » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:32 pm

I replaced the Vintage 30's in my 2 12 cab with a Silver Bell and Blue Dog ceramic for my OR50. Just what you'd expect, I guess. Not as mid rangey, nicer top end and less V30 harsh. I'd do it again if I had to.

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:43 pm

I've had a pair of Blue Dog AlNicos for maybe 4 years. Really solid speakers. I've also got a couple of their ceramic Silver Bell 10s and a couple of their Blue Pup AlNicos. They are ok but I prefer the Eminence Ramrod much more. The Blue Pup is a pretty good speaker though but I don't really care for the Silver Bell 10s. They are pretty shrill on their own with the amps I have.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:10 am

I've used a few of their speakers, and I love 'em. Lots of tonal variations, and I'm currently in love with my Weber Legacy speaker. It's a great sounding speaker. Even the Signature Series of speakers is surprisingly good for the price!