Line 6 Mobile In

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Dunky
Orange Expert

Line 6 Mobile In

Post by Dunky » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi,
I recently got hold of the line 6 mobile in for messing around with my iPad.
I was using amplitube with the irig but frustrated at the noise issues ( I previously used irig with iPod and the problem was less severe).

I basically use it when too busy/ lazy to set up my amp etc and just for recording a rough backing track etc to jam/ practice with. Usually basic drum patterns from other iPad apps so the amplitube audio copy/paste features are really quick and easy to use.

The sound quality from the mobile in / amplitube is really very nice, gets some touch sensitivity, response to volume etc, the line 6 mobe in is good too (I even dug out my old pos xt to compare and the mobile pod sounds way More natural)

I wouldn't buy an iPad specifically for this but if you have one then for the outlay of most average priced pedals you can get a really nice sounding rig/ recording interface.

David Verb
Rocker

Re: Line 6 Mobile In

Post by David Verb » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:43 am

Are you saying Line 6 is better than Amplitube? I have a bunch iDevices and I was looking to invest in one of these apps.
Amp
Orange Rockerverb 100

Cabinet
PPC 412 HP 8

Dunky
Orange Expert

Re: Line 6 Mobile In

Post by Dunky » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 am

The mobile pod is app free with the mobile in. There is no recording functionality though. The amplitube app has a free version ( most apps do as well) so once you've invested in the mobile in you can pick from the free versions until you find something you like. The jamup app is highly recommended as well.
There is a device by apogee called Jam which does the same as the mobile in but only the mobile in is pod compatible.