I mean seriously, come off the grass

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: I mean seriously, come off the grass

Post by bclaire » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:22 pm

That's what it's worth... not out of control. Find another if you're in the market for a CAR 63 Strat all original! Not that I'd pay it, but it's a rare guitar and that's what they go for.... especially when you add Australia into the mix. It's probably the ONLY ONE in Australia!

starling1
Rocker

Post by starling1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:07 pm

bclaire wrote:That's what it's worth... not out of control. Find another if you're in the market for a CAR 63 Strat all original! Not that I'd pay it, but it's a rare guitar and that's what they go for.... especially when you add Australia into the mix. It's probably the ONLY ONE in Australia!
I wouldn't be surprised if it is the only one in Aus, honestly. Its in spectacular nick, too. I suppose I can see you point as well as the other posters, that like chippendale furniture or any other sought after make antique, the value is theoretical.

Big shock though, when you're shopping for strat, find a nice one and then BANG! 40K! which reminds me, I need a new thread.

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:23 am

Dark Helmet wrote:
Van Cleef wrote:
$1 is too much for a strat!

fixed that for you.... :mrgreen:

On behalf of Strat lovers...........Suck it!! :D
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Jackson5
Tiny Terror

Post by Jackson5 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:30 am

all models of guitars have their place i guess--- i have no desire for amazing collector's guitars---
maybe someday

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 am

oranginator wrote:Damned true Ironlung

I'll put my Custom Telecaster up against any les paul for sustain and harmonics. Set necks are great, but they don't automatically mean "more tone, harmonics, sustain," either. I'm willing to give anyone a demo of this if you live near my area.

where's the 'yawn' smiley

i love my old 80s mij tele and i love my 71 les paul... i also have a jazzblaster (jazzmaster with mastery bridge and fender WR hummers) which is a great mix between the two

'more tone' is meaningless... it's about what tone you like - and one man's treasure is always another man's trash...

i just find strats boring aesthetically and in general... i had a strat for a while - never really bonded with it

for me there's a certain magic to a tele... they can be naughty and nice...
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

3l3phantstomp
Tiny Terror

Post by 3l3phantstomp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Van Cleef wrote:

I'll put my Custom Telecaster up against any les paul for sustain and harmonics. Set necks are great, but they don't automatically mean "more tone, harmonics, sustain," either. I'm willing to give anyone a demo of this if you live near my area.

i love my old 80s mij tele and i love my 71 les paul... i also have a jazzblaster (jazzmaster with mastery bridge and fender WR hummers) which is a great mix between the two

'more tone' is meaningless... it's about what tone you like - and one man's treasure is always another man's trash...

i just find strats boring aesthetically and in general... i had a strat for a while - never really bonded with it

Its just shocking to see a Strat retain or increase its value, 'tis all. A jam's a jam when the light's off, or when showering with a friend to conserve water...
:twisted:

Don't believe me? Run any acoustic electric thru a Marshal Jackhammer pedal. I dareth thee.
tube huffer

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:38 am

3l3phantstomp wrote:
Van Cleef wrote:

Its just shocking to see a Strat retain or increase its value, 'tis all. A jam's a jam when the light's off, or when showering with a friend to conserve water...
:twisted:

Don't believe me? Run any acoustic electric thru a Marshal Jackhammer pedal. I dareth thee.

bazouki + metalzone = win
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/