Some Rockerverb tones. Clean and Bass.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

fiaj
Tiny Terror

Some Rockerverb tones. Clean and Bass.

Post by fiaj » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Clean channel, funky jazz tones and dub bass. Orange Rockerverb 100 MKII through Framus CS 2x12 cabinet.

Very abstract guitar work from my Doom-Jazz project The Deadjohnsons' Big Incredible Day.

http://youtu.be/iAbvOtntrr8

Dub bass tones, Moog Vo using the ladder filter set low and the clean channel on the Rockerverb with boosted bass.
(you won't hear the guitar tone here through computer speakers, maybe if you have a sub)
There's some heavy piano work too.

http://youtu.be/zlXayU-Yb-o

I love you all, don't be haters!

everdrone
Orange Expert

Re: Some Rockerverb tones. Clean and Bass.

Post by everdrone » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 am

:idea:
My solo downtuned HEAVY rock project: https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance

Guitarist and Bassist in Fort Worth, TEXAS

fiaj
Tiny Terror

Post by fiaj » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:34 pm

I didn't really expect much interest, but at least i got a cycloptic key hole face, thanks!
Maybe i'll try something more original like a rolling stones cover to get some attention next time! :D

(that is not trolling.... :P it is a friendly joke, with a smile.... :!: :roll: )

:arrow: <--- what?

Gray
Orange Expert

Post by Gray » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:57 pm

It's.... different, but there are so many effects going on that the amp behind all of it could be anything. There's no Orange character coming through.

fiaj
Tiny Terror

Post by fiaj » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Hmm... well.
The first track has some delay from my memory boy at the beginning and the rest is totally naked, i'm using a Moog Vo which has a built in ladder filter (the wah sound) but it's true to the tones i get when not using the filter or when using another wah (the Vo filter goes a bit lower). Most of the track is just the reverb on the amp, and me playing with the sustain, no pedals.

The second track has no effects that change the character of the amp, just the ladder filter set low and tone knob bottomed out, with alterations to the amps EQ to bring out the bass. So really, it's all Orange character. Just some modern Rockerverb Orange character.
There's lots of reverb on it, but it's the amps reverb.
Just trying to show how you can get some nice dub bass sounds through it with a guitar.

I get almost identical tones using my Gibson with no effects, just slightly softer and warmer as my Vo has steel strings which are somewhat more cutting and crisp to the ear.

So yeah, not really many effects. Just maybe not what you think of as Orange character... probably why people say that Rockerverb's aren't proper Oranges... they're not Mathias sounding.
I don't think a wah and two minutes worth of delay buries the amp's character at all. The beauty of the Rockerverb to me is that it has so many different characters, and it definitely comes through in those vids.
Between the two channels you can get a lot of the creamy warmth of the 70's, all kinds of great tones for jazz, funk and proggy stuff, wailing rock tones, the best high gain Death Metal tones, sludgy Doom tones... and as heard here, crystal like cleans and warm subby dubby bass.
Versatility is the strong point of the Rockerverb 100, to me at least.

Maybe not the tones people expect, but that was the point of posting this... It's definitely all Orange.