Re: Steeve Hurdle RIP.

Post by Randy Bass » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:29 am

This one might be a bit catchier than the previous links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhExssWyE0

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:25 pm

OU818 wrote:Could we at least show an ounce of respect here and not troll the dollywaggle out of it?
Nope. Screw this OP and screw his tastes. Aloof mofukka!

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Wendigo wrote:
OU818 wrote:Could we at least show an ounce of respect here and not troll the dollywaggle out of it?
Nope. Screw this OP and screw his tastes. Aloof mofukka!
I'll just assume your emotionless, dispassionate, heartless attack is the by-product of owning an amp designed by Yngwie.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Rip. the music to me was typical metal I don't like but each to there own. A loss of a musician is never good. They had fans so they had an effect on someone's lives.
Tone is everything

fiaj
Tiny Terror

Post by fiaj » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Randy Bass wrote:This one might be a bit catchier than the previous links:
That's a rockin' tune!
and what i said was not intended as "trolling", this is a forum full of AC/DC fans, that's not an insult and i don't expect AC/DC fans to like this kind of music, that's all i wrote. All else i said that could be taken as nasty was "there must be some people here who don't have their heads in boxes", that's not an insult unless you think you're head is boxed.
The only people i'm saying have their heads in boxes are people who would bluntly deny this man is a talented guitar player, which with a player like this you can kind of expect.
Varied tastes are all great and people should like what they like, but a lot of people are too closed minded to look past their tastes and just proclaim musicians bad because they don't understand or dislike it.

The internet is filled with people who are willing to shoot anything down just because it doesn't fit with them, i posted in hope of finding people here who can at least see when someone has talent.
I for instance don't like Jimi Hendrix particularly, or the Beach Boys, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin etc. but i would never say they aren't good musicians.
All i have ever questioned on this forum is whether or not bands like the Stones and AC/DC are really musically superior to some other bands.
I have never said that they aren't good and have respect for all of them, the Steve Vai thing was a joke too and hardly seems serious
ironlung40 wrote:
I do like metal btw, but I guess I'm just a silly faggot with my head in a box on the ole Orange forum.

p.s. Public masturbation is severely underrated.

Nothing you said would make me think you're head is in a box, you don't like it but you haven't said "it's s**t" or "it's just noise" or insinuated a lack of musicianship. and "silly faggot"? that's quite strong, you must be a really angry guy if you get that feeling from what i said.

None of what i said was written in a nasty way at all, just perceived like that by certain people. It was all said with a light heart and happy innocence but perceived however people looked at it. Read it again with a smiley voice and i doubt it seems nasty.

I'm pretty sure the only thing posted that could actually be taken as an insult or "trolling" is what i said about metal (and the Vai joke, but come on, it's Steve Vai!?!).
For the people who think i was in some way attacking you or this forum, i apologise for seeming rude, it's just how you read it.
I am a very happy and friendly person and would never seriously put anybody down but i constantly forget how serious and sensitive the world is because i take life so lightly. Sorry again.

Mostly sorry for causing such a distraction from what was meant to be a thread for awareness and the memory of a unique musician. It really was all innocent.

fiaj
Tiny Terror

Post by fiaj » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:22 pm

bassdrop wrote:+1 Seems to be some trollish comments in your post there. I do like the second piece you posted. The dissonance being used sounds similar to some of the tonalities achieved by Glenn Branca and even Sonic Youth and the building of the sounds on top of each other is not something you hear typically in metal music. It's actually close to what one would hear at a Phish concert. *ducking for invoking possibly blasphemous band name*
already attempted to defend my trolling, and sorry for seeming a dongle-narf (not trolling myself), but glad someone liked some of it. I know the vocals are off putting on Gorguts, and obviously a lot heavier. I couldn't listen to that album when i first heard it, then heard a couple of tracks that really impressed me and i really got into it as a whole. I'm not really into much metal at all, mainly jazz, middle eastern folk and experimental stuff. I do think it's a shame that there is less of this guy's instrumental work, he's done some much more interesting stuff than this but it generally all has throated vocals and heavy drums (not trolling). I've not heard much Sonic Youth, or any Glenn Branca but i'll have a look.

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:12 pm

fiaj wrote:
Randy Bass wrote:This one might be a bit catchier than the previous links:
That's a rockin' tune!
and what i said was not intended as "trolling", this is a forum full of AC/DC fans, that's not an insult and i don't expect AC/DC fans to like this kind of music, that's all i wrote. All else i said that could be taken as nasty was "there must be some people here who don't have their heads in boxes", that's not an insult unless you think you're head is boxed.
The only people i'm saying have their heads in boxes are people who would bluntly deny this man is a talented guitar player, which with a player like this you can kind of expect.
Varied tastes are all great and people should like what they like, but a lot of people are too closed minded to look past their tastes and just proclaim musicians bad because they don't understand or dislike it.

The internet is filled with people who are willing to shoot anything down just because it doesn't fit with them, i posted in hope of finding people here who can at least see when someone has talent.
I for instance don't like Jimi Hendrix particularly, or the Beach Boys, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin etc. but i would never say they aren't good musicians.
All i have ever questioned on this forum is whether or not bands like the Stones and AC/DC are really musically superior to some other bands.
I have never said that they aren't good and have respect for all of them, the Steve Vai thing was a joke too and hardly seems serious
ironlung40 wrote:
I do like metal btw, but I guess I'm just a silly faggot with my head in a box on the ole Orange forum.

p.s. Public masturbation is severely underrated.

Nothing you said would make me think you're head is in a box, you don't like it but you haven't said "it's s**t" or "it's just noise" or insinuated a lack of musicianship. and "silly faggot"? that's quite strong, you must be a really angry guy if you get that feeling from what i said.

None of what i said was written in a nasty way at all, just perceived like that by certain people. It was all said with a light heart and happy innocence but perceived however people looked at it. Read it again with a smiley voice and i doubt it seems nasty.

I'm pretty sure the only thing posted that could actually be taken as an insult or "trolling" is what i said about metal (and the Vai joke, but come on, it's Steve Vai!?!).
For the people who think i was in some way attacking you or this forum, i apologise for seeming rude, it's just how you read it.
I am a very happy and friendly person and would never seriously put anybody down but i constantly forget how serious and sensitive the world is because i take life so lightly. Sorry again.

Mostly sorry for causing such a distraction from what was meant to be a thread for awareness and the memory of a unique musician. It really was all innocent.
dude, I was just joking. It's hard to pass sarcasm on the internet. I didn't take offense to your post. Sorry, if I made you feel that way. Post what you want on here. This forum is full of grownups. We can take take it. :wink:
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:50 am

I don't like ACDC so maybe I should find somewhere else to post where people won't need to specify the music they are posting is dissimilar. Perhaps some type of amplification brand's forum which is not associated with that band....

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:44 am

indianDYsummer wrote:I don't like ACDC so maybe I should find somewhere else to post where people won't need to specify the music they are posting is dissimilar. Perhaps some type of amplification brand's forum which is not associated with that band....
:lol:

Just so you know, I don't post on the Forum for that other brand of amps that is commonly associated with that band. It goes without saying really though...