What this forum needs is more SPAM!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

OU818
Orange Master

What this forum needs is more SPAM!

Post by OU818 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:31 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

Wendigo
Orange Master

Re: What this forum needs is more SPAM!

Post by Wendigo » Thu May 24, 2012 5:48 am

It's actually a bit disheartening around here these days. Other forums have member classifieds, dont censor you, and are spam free. Here it's riddled with spam, you can't talk prices, and they sensor out words and stuff. If I want to be shushed I'll go to my grandma's house.

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Thu May 24, 2012 6:16 am

Wendigo wrote:It's actually a bit disheartening around here these days. Other forums have member classifieds, dont censor you, and are spam free. Here it's riddled with spam, you can't talk prices, and they sensor out words and stuff. If I want to be shushed I'll go to my grandma's house.
Really?

I'm suprised you say that because you ve been on this forum a long time and (as far as I know) they have always been the forum rules.

Are you having a downer on this forum or life in general?

I've always found this to be a grown up forum....I can understand why there are the rules about prices and have no interest in forums littered with people calling each other names or using insulting words.
There is just no need for it
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:18 am

Ronnie Robinson wrote:
Wendigo wrote:It's actually a bit disheartening around here these days. Other forums have member classifieds, dont censor you, and are spam free. Here it's riddled with spam, you can't talk prices, and they sensor out words and stuff. If I want to be shushed I'll go to my grandma's house.
Really?

I'm suprised you say that because you ve been on this forum a long time and (as far as I know) they have always been the forum rules.

Are you having a downer on this forum or life in general?

I've always found this to be a grown up forum....I can understand why there are the rules about prices and have no interest in forums littered with people calling each other names or using insulting words.
There is just no need for it
Whatever n00b.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:12 am

HCFx Hx FTW l00zerz!

seriously though, anything that prevents this forum from becoming Harmony Central is cool with me.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Thu May 24, 2012 8:47 am

Yep
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu May 24, 2012 10:35 am

jason41224 wrote:HCFx Hx FTW l00zerz!

seriously though, anything that prevents this forum from becoming Harmony Central is cool with me.
Thanks.... no kidding!

Icarus
Orange Expert

Post by Icarus » Thu May 24, 2012 10:46 am

I agree to some extent...
Being censored is no problem, that's what @,* and # is for!
The no trading an classifieds is dumb though, no question.
All the rules are probably what give the forum the reputation of being stuck up its own arse.
Sometimes you get the feeling it's like controlling school children.
Orange seem to be targeting a younger crowd with the newer amps, maybe it time to bring the forum up to date because I can't imagine cork sniffers playing a Jim root #4.
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

sidvicious
Orange Master

Post by sidvicious » Thu May 24, 2012 11:23 am

the spam is definitely annoying but i imagine billy and others are trying to tend to it.

this is still a good place to be.

coincidentally with all this recent spam, someone from the east coast tried to hack my gmail account.
Orange TV50
Orange Rockerverb MkII 2x12 Combo
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
60's Silverface Fender Twin
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu May 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Icarus wrote:
All the rules are probably what give the forum the reputation of being stuck up its own arse.
Who supplies the forum? Orange Amplification. They have every right to keep this forum trade free if they want to. There are plenty of other places for that. Fine by me.

Sometimes it probably does feel like controlling a bunch of school children. (I wonder why?) Which is why having a teacher around is handy.

Know what happens on badly moderated forums? They tend to self destruct!
There used to be an Ampeg forum which did exactly that. There was little or no effective moderation and apart from anything else anybody could 'sticky' their own threads so they went to and stayed at the top of the list. Guess what, lots of people did exactly that, and the last time I went there (before it finally vanished) it was so paralysed with stickies you had to wade through 10+ pages of threads just to get to the first new ones. Pathetic! :evil:

This place is pretty good - Billy does a damn good (and sometimes pretty difficult) job here - for nothing BTW. And don't forget, everyone (as in everyone!) signed up to the rules when registering... :!:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu May 24, 2012 12:24 pm

As far as a classified board or buying and selling, HEY KIDS - there's a new thing on the interwebs - it's called EBAY and it reaches a much larger audience (and I suspect, people with more money than we have) than the Orange Forum will reach!

Besides, I speak for all of us when I say, I check ebay for Orange all the time....

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Thu May 24, 2012 12:49 pm

This wasn't supposed to be an attack in any members or moderators so maybe we can keep idiotic comments like "down on life" to a minimum. It just that with oranges new direction aimed pretty much at shredder beginners, the constant spam, and all the family filtering it just seems like some of the prestige is waning. Let's face it too: the forum here has been dwindling over the years as well. There's nowhere near as much activity as there used to be. not to mention little things like being backed out two levels when you want to reply to a post or quote. Just my 2 cents.

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Firstly, Wendigo has a point, then again so does Billy.

My post was about spam, spam, spam, spam!!!!
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

Icarus
Orange Expert

Post by Icarus » Thu May 24, 2012 1:56 pm

a.hun wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Who supplies the forum? Orange Amplification. They have every right to keep this forum trade free if they want to. There are plenty of other places for that. Fine by me.

Sometimes it probably does feel like controlling a bunch of school children. (I wonder why?) Which is why having a teacher around is handy.

Know what happens on badly moderated forums? They tend to self destruct!
There used to be an Ampeg forum which did exactly that. There was little or no effective moderation and apart from anything else anybody could 'sticky' their own threads so they went to and stayed at the top of the list. Guess what, lots of people did exactly that, and the last time I went there (before it finally vanished) it was so paralysed with stickies you had to wade through 10+ pages of threads just to get to the first new ones. Pathetic! :evil:

This place is pretty good - Billy does a damn good (and sometimes pretty difficult) job here - for nothing BTW. And don't forget, everyone (as in everyone!) signed up to the rules when registering... :!:

Andy.
I know orange doesn't want a classified/trading section and that is fine. It in my opinion it would be more beneficial for its members if it did have one here, especially as eBay fees are becoming ridiculous.
It wasn't an attack or slight at Billy at all. We all know Billy does a great job almost single handedly and of course we know the forum needs moderating.

..and FWIW I'm not interested in the ability to sticky my own topic or your experience in the ampeg forum so come down from your high horse.
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Thu May 24, 2012 2:06 pm

I think it would be cool if we had a few more sections. Maybe a "bass" section, "recording" section, "newbie" section, "post your band's music" section, stuff like that. It may attract people involved in other aspects of the music community, who in part may get turned on to the Orange sound and buy an amp. Just an idea.