I'm back!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

brianr0131
Orange Master

I'm back!

Post by brianr0131 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:10 pm

I left my R30 for a DT. Love the dirt sooooo much on the DT but couldn't get a 3rd sound level out of it for solos. Even added a loop which I don't recommend btw.

Left that for a Sig X. Awesome amp really good at a lot of things but not necessarily awesome at anything. Plus it was just a beast size wise.

Left that for a Rivera Venus 6. Best clean sound I have EVER heard. Even better than a twin or super reverb. Honest. But the dirt wasn't quite there. It was close but not there. The problem was I angled the speaker towards my ears at a gig and it just sounded bad to me.

So I wanted to go orange again. I knew I needed a loop or something so I could get a really dirty rhythm and a solo boost. I settled in on a new Rockerverb 50 mkii. Just came back from vacation yesterday and I played through it for about 10 minutes. Really sounds great. A bit fizzier than the DT but I think it sounds great. The clean is surprisingly awesome too. I figured with the "more transparent" loop this would be by best bet since I will have a few pedals in it at all times for gigs.

Reverb is crazy weird though. Not even sure I will use it. If I do it'll be one or two clicks up at the most.

Anyway I am glad to be back where I belong....... In Orangeland!!!!
Mesa Road King-Carvin Legacy 212-Silvertone 1484-Parker Fly DLX-Les Paul Trad Pro-USA ASAT-LP Junior-60's Tribute LP GTop-HWY1 Strat-Esquire Build-Peavey Predator-VHT Valvulator-Bud Wah-CMAT Signa Drive-Keeley Mod DS1-Monte Allum Dyna Comp-TU2-CE5-GE7-DD7

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: I'm back!

Post by Randy Bass » Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 am

I'm glad to hear that you found a winner. It's funny that the "new and improved" reverb on the MK II is still wacky though :D .

DiabloS
Orange Master

I'm back!

Post by DiabloS » Tue May 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Welcome back to Orangeland!
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror