Recorded with my Rocker 30 - Updated with a new song

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Hey guys, well I just wrote a song and recorded it very quickly today with my Rocker 30. I'll present it to our band to play, you guys are gonna hear it before them..haha. So I'm the one singing it on this rough first version demo, but I'm actually only a backup singer in our band, so I'll beat you to the punch and say yes, my vocals are not rough enough for this song. I just write the songs and let our singer with more growly vocals sing it since his vocals fit better for our style.

Anyways, this is just a quickly made demo with drum loops from drumkit from hell, Rocker 30 mic'd with an SM57. I actually ran the bass through the Rocker 30 too thanks to hearing ppl on here say it works, sounds better than direct to me! I improvised the bass line and I'm not a bass player either, so that's my excuse! haha

I'm not near as good as other ppl on here when it comes to recording but any feedback is welcome!

http://soundcloud.com/diablostrange/bor ... rough-demo

EDIT: Just recorded another new song and added that one as well

http://soundcloud.com/diablostrange/sin ... ugh-demo-1
Last edited by DiabloS on Wed May 02, 2012 3:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Re: Recorded a new tune with my Rocker 30

Post by baytamusic » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Link? :lol:

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:26 pm

there it is, nevermind.

DiabloS
Orange Master

Recorded a new tune with my Rocker 30

Post by DiabloS » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:30 pm

You're quick! It wasn't on there for about 2 seconds! haha
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:36 pm

whoa, i like. that lead line in the beginning is cool.

i just got out of a recording session this past weekend with my R30 and it sounded so freaking beefy it's unreal.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

bavaro
Orange Hero

Post by bavaro » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:54 pm

the vocals and guitar line remind of "cult of personality" for some reason. sounds good!
Last edited by bavaro on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker 30
strymon el cap
tc polytune
apogee one
harpoon hefeweizen

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Hey, sounds good man! Solo at the end is cool.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 pm

I like too. Thats a great little 'rough demo'. Good stuff DiabloS. (Nothing much wrong with the vocals either so your band is spoilt for choice.)

Funny how the best songs are often the ones which come together very quickly. Tell your band 'the forum approves'!

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks guys!

a.hun wrote:I like too. Thats a great little 'rough demo'. Good stuff DiabloS. (Nothing much wrong with the vocals either so your band is spoilt for choice.)

Funny how the best songs are often the ones which come together very quickly. Tell your band 'the forum approves'!

Andy.
It really is a weird thing about songwriting isn't it? This song came about because I was working on another song for weeks and was getting frustrated with it, so I switched the tempo on my drum machine to something completely different just to get out of that zone and this song pretty much wrote itself. The time it takes me to write a song ranges from under an hour to several months and I have no idea why that is! :lol:

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:29 am

Nice demo and tonez... you seem to get a very similar sound with the Rocker30 and Dual Terror...
were you running the Alex attenuator?
Paul.

Orange4Ever

Post by Orange4Ever » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Demo, or not. I'd buy it just like it is. The guitar sounds great, and i like the vocals, maybe the band should let you run with this one.

Orange4Ever

Post by Orange4Ever » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:22 pm

DiabloS. I clicked your link. I really like the two songs you have there too. I am a southern Rock/ Blues guy myself, but something about the stuff your band is doing pleases my ears. Keep it up.. Prowlers will getting played again and again around this house :mrgreen:

Alex Sheeny
Rocker

Post by Alex Sheeny » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:14 pm

liked it. props! really cool lead part at the end!

DiabloS
Orange Master

Recorded a new tune with my Rocker 30

Post by DiabloS » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Thanks everyone for listening!
Orange4Ever wrote:DiabloS. I clicked your link. I really like the two songs you have there too. I am a southern Rock/ Blues guy myself, but something about the stuff your band is doing pleases my ears. Keep it up.. Prowlers will getting played again and again around this house :mrgreen:
Thanks, glad you digged it! We'll have the other 4 songs on the EP available on May 20th on the bandcamp site if you're interested in hearing the rest.

OrangePaul wrote:Nice demo and tonez... you seem to get a very similar sound with the Rocker30 and Dual Terror...
were you running the Alex attenuator?
In this case I actually wasn't running the attenuator, though I have recorded with it and it works fine as long as you don't use the most extreme level of attenuation, you'll lose some high end if you do. I just wanted to experiment with this recording a bit by using more gain on the amp than I usually do, I set it at 3 o'clock instead of my usual 2 o'clock, and I turned the attenuator off just to see how it would sound in comparison. I'll probably use the attenuator next time and just not set it too high, it crunches a bit more with it on I think.

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Wed May 02, 2012 12:55 am

I just recorded another new song in case anyone wants to check it out, this one's kind of different sounding than the last one. I also used the Alex Attenuator and set my gain back to my usual 2 o'oclock. I wasn't as picky for drum loops with this one, that's what our drummer's there for anyways!

http://soundcloud.com/diablostrange/sin ... ugh-demo-1

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror