My new band - AD30 content!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi all, I haven't been on here in ages! How's everyone doing?

As you may or may not have heard, Le Chat Noir split at the end of 2011, rather unexpectedly for me... my life got a bit messy for a couple of months, but everything is back on track now as I'm happy to announce I have been busy working on a brand new Orange-powered duo! We've chosen the name The Blackwater Rebellion.

I've just started uploading some teaser tracks from our forthcoming album to Bandcamp. 5 on there right now. The guitars are all my Tele double tracked through my 18w clone and AD30, hard panned. Hope you will like it - mainly it's dirty, heavy, energetic, fuzzy garage rock, but you'll notice a bit of a change from my previous style in a couple of the songs. The fact that my new drummer buddy Andy is much more technical and also sings has added a new dimension.

http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.facebook.com/TheBlackwaterRebellion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope you enjoy it, I'm, interested to hear your opinions on both the songs and production (DIY) as I have a lot of respect for the regulars of the Orange forum :)

Teddy

P.S. Billy... a long shot... if it is even possible, is there any chance of a change of username please? I'd be a bit sad to lose my post count and history, but I'm not too fond of being called Le Chat Noir any more!
Last edited by Le Chat Noir on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: My new band - AD30 content!

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Can't wait to give it a listen - might have to wait until tomorrow though! :D
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Pretty cool. I think the recording style fits the music. Not sure if it's necessarily garage rock, but I can hear the influence in there. Glad to hear you got some new stuff going. Drummer is really good. I like it better than your old band.

And 2012?! ;)

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:28 pm

baytamusic wrote:Pretty cool. I think the recording style fits the music. Not sure if it's necessarily garage rock, but I can hear the influence in there. Glad to hear you got some new stuff going. Drummer is really good. I like it better than your old band.

And 2012?! ;)
Thanks! And yeah... 2011 obviously :P Hehe... have corrected that now :mrgreen:
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Cool stuff Teddy! Glad to hear you're being productive! :mrgreen:

DiabloS
Orange Master

Post by DiabloS » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:20 am

Welcome back! I'm digging the new tracks!
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Teddy.

Glad you're doing okay.

Yeah, more good stuff. 'Dark' lyrics is right - good stuf though and the music does fit. New drummer sounds good.

Going to take some getting used to if you do get another user name. Thats the trouble with using band names I guess - bands are elastic and sometimes the elastic breaks...

Good luck with the new band then.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:05 am

Really like your stuff teddy, you're not just half talented!!!!! 8)

That Mark Of Cain song is simply brilliant IMO!!!! Really like welcome to the bad land too. Six feet under had something funny playing on my laptop, the voice volume seemed to jump up whenever the guitar stop playing?
It could just be my laptop though.
I liked them all - let us know when we can buy your CD!!!

I've got to say the drumming looks to be a step up on your previous drummer. Hope we'll get to see you play sometime!!!!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:54 pm

The first track sounds a bit of a departure from you're old stuff... A bit more mainstream, not quite so quirky :D
Nice job on the bass guitar on that track too, it sounds awesome in the verses when things drop down.
Paul.