shielding my ASAT...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Nork
Orange Master

shielding my ASAT...

Post by Nork » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Hey guys -

Finally looking into doing this - shielding my Tribute ASAT. Going to require some learning on my part - soldering (have done some, but not much) mainly, but I'm wondering if anyone has any resources?

I've been reading the StewMac site for their walk through and are considering buying their kit. It's a little pricey, but comes with everything and instructions which will be invaluable.

Anyone have any other ideas as to where I can pick up everything I need for cheaper or the same price (30$ shipped)? Or just ideas and hints from your own experience? Planning on doing the whole thing - pickup cavity and control cavity, pickguard.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

Alex Sheeny
Rocker

Re: shielding my ASAT...

Post by Alex Sheeny » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 pm

jonesyblues.com as for the parts.

as for the videos you can check his youtube channel, there's lots of videos about soldering, wiring harnesses, potentiometers, capacitors and everything you should know to rewire/shield a guitar. plus this guy customer service is class a, by phone or e-mail.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonesyblues" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Props for the ASAT, I wish one of this guitars someday, just love the ASAT Special!

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 pm

You doing the paint or tape?

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:44 am

Probably tape. Looking at the StewMac instructions and a dude over at TGP is helping me - he did his Bluesboy a cavity at a time and didn't take the whole thing apart, which is really appealing to me since I have jack all for soldering skills.

Just wondering how/where you ground the shield?
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)