Stolen Gear! UK

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Action-Hank
Rocker

Stolen Gear! UK

Post by Action-Hank » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi guys,

My band 'ThirtyOne' are supposed to be playing a show with a Brighton based band called 'Vier' tonight.

We've just had word that whilst in Bristol last night, they had their van broken into and most of their gear stolen.

They're a great band and a fine bunch of ladies, so if any of you guys could keep an eye out it would be hugely appreciated!

STOLEN:
- orange rockerverb 50
- ampeg svt 7 pro bass
- jackson slsmg guitar
- fender aerodyne stratocaster
- fender aerodyne bass
- pedal train pedal board in flight case
- Ludwig black glitter steel snare
- zildjian 21" armand ride cymbal
- Sabian 18" vault crash cymbal
- Sabian 16" XS crash cymbal
- Sabian 14" XS hi-hats

Thanks all!

fiaj
Tiny Terror

Re: Stolen Gear! UK

Post by fiaj » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:06 pm

That sucks man! fu*kin' dirty thieving b*stards!
I hope it shows up!!
You can't get much lower than stealing a musicians kit and taking away their artistic ability.

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:29 pm

I highly doubt I will find anything where I'm at but is there any way you could get a hold of some serial numbers?
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Icarus
Orange Expert

Post by Icarus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Hey Tom, we got told about this today too. In my neck of the woods. Filth.
We've tried to circulate the info around the local bands and trying to get people to watch places like cash converters. Dirty b*stards.
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:38 pm

Thats terrible

I'd do some leg work...Get serial numbers or pictures of the items if you have them , report it and and check pawn shops, auction sites and free papers

Hope you get some luck
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

RickenBangler
Orange Hero

Post by RickenBangler » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:59 am

Here's a thought... maybe worth saving a search with email notifications for the items on ebay.
If you get notifications of newly listed kit that matches the list in close order from the same seller, that might get you a lead.

Worth a shot as UK ebay is smaller and it is more likely to show up - kinda works on the assumption that the pond-scum that had it away with the gear have the ability to type though...

I'll do it on my ebay account right now.
CR60C+PPC112 Mini Stack
Rickenbacker 620/6 JetGlo | G&L Fallout | Fender P-Bass
MarkBass Micromark 801
Past Orange Relationships Micro Crush | Crush CR35LDX | Tiny Terror | OR15/PPC112

The Provocateurs Bandcamp

the gray area
Tiny Terror

Post by the gray area » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:13 am

My sympathies to the band.I hate this kind of thing.
I'm in that part of the world too, Swindon Wilts, & am always digging around 'crack converters', local gum tree, trade it ads etc for the elusive interesting bargain. Will keep an eye out. Any serial nos or identifiable markings would be a bonus.
Gordon Smith Graduate 60, Gretsch G6128 Duo Jet, 1997 AS Fender Tele, 1968 Framus BL15.

Wienbrock ME-3pro Orange DT, Blackheart BH100, Custom 2x12 VC30, Custom 2x12 CL80
Some other stuff & a large vodka.

Action-Hank
Rocker

Post by Action-Hank » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks for all the input guys!
Bear in mind it's not my band, but I will pass on your ideas - I'm sure the girls will much appreciate all the help!

Glad to say they made it down to play the show in Exeter with us. They're also going to continue with the rest of their tour, since all the bands have agreed to let them borrow gear!

I leant my Thunderverb to one of their guitarists (Charley - bloody good too). Which immediately started playing up. Then, three songs into our set it died. I'll be swapping out tubes and trying to get to the bottom of the problem tonight.

Luckily another band (Codex Alimentarius) let me use their Engle Fireball. It got me through the rest of the set - but really wasn't my bag.

Codex also had their troubles. The gig was to celebrate their one of their tracks featuring on Rockband 3, and they'd been hyping it up for a while. Then, at the last minute their singer decided he didn't want to do the show.
Again, luckily, another local vocalist stepped up and joined them for the bulk of the set.

All in all, it was a bad night for gear and nightmares, but a great night for camaraderie, solidarity, and soldiering on. The audience seemed to have a great night too.

Faith in humanity restored by rockers! :wink:

CharleyVier

Post by CharleyVier » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi everyone, thank you very much for all your comments... it truly has left me heartbroken! Big thanks to Tom for posting this and also for lending me gear for the exeter show.

Basically all we have recovered is a couple of pedals, the voodoo lab power supply from my pedal board and a couple of leads. My beloved rockerverb 50 and jackson guitar are out there somewhere still :(

I STUPIDLY never even thought about writing down my orange serial number but there are a couple of distinguishing features on it that might help... if you guys ever come across an orange rockerverb 50 (mk1) with a treble knob missing, guitar input nut missing and strange black circles all over the top of the casing please give me a shout!

In the meantime, i am waiting to hear back on whether or not i can claim on the insurance... if so i shall definitely be purchasing another orange rockerverb as they are in my eyes perfection! Could anyone shed some light on the mk11 rockerverbs? How much better (if any) are they?

Thanks!
Cx

Action-Hank
Rocker

Post by Action-Hank » Tue May 01, 2012 5:18 pm

No probs Charley - any time! Sorry it was playing up so much!
I'm wondering if the cab's impedance was an issue - they weren't labelled, but one the guys reckoned they might have been 4ohm!?

Any body else got input on this:

"i shall definitely be purchasing another orange rockerverb as they are in my eyes perfection! Could anyone shed some light on the mk11 rockerverbs? How much better (if any) are they?"

I'm totally not up on RV's!?

T