OR15 still 2 months away?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

OR15 still 2 months away?

Post by indianDYsummer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:35 am

I was checking the orange Facebook page for an update, and there is a post indicating the OR15 is still 2 months away. C'mon Orange! Let's hurry it up before I buy something else. I thought the original story was march or April. Now it seems to be May or June? I'm not surprised but it seems like the ETA is always going to be 2 months. :wink:

Anyways there are also some new clips that sound pretty cool. More or less Hendrix style stuff done on a strat. check it out if you're interested. Also apparently the official video is coming soon!

jason41224
Orange Master

Re: OR15 still 2 months away?

Post by jason41224 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:44 am

you DO know that this means it won't be released until Christmas, right? ;)
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:46 am

indianDYsummer wrote:...it seems like the ETA is always going to be 2 months. :wink:
jason41224 wrote:you DO know that this means it won't be released until Christmas, right? ;)
Yep OR15 = a very traditional Orange amp that way anyway... :wink:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:31 am

:lol:

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:19 pm

I still don't understand, from a marketing perspective, why they announce these at NAMM before they are ready to be shipped out....I think the NAMM announcement hypes them up, but by the time they are actually released, the moment has died down a lot...........basically you can't strike while the iron is hot so to speak. I think you'd move more units initially if the product availability was as little closer to the NAMM announcement.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:39 pm

I would put in the pre-order now. I will be vintage by the time you get it!
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rocker30man
Tiny Terror

Post by rocker30man » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:05 pm

I preordered a Orange OR15 and was looking for a cab to go with it, then spotted the Rocker 30 head and cab on eBay and bought that instead, so i cancelled my order, so I suppose one order lost .

Rickenbacker 330
Fender Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Junior

Orange Rocker 30 head
Orange PPC212
Vox AC30c2
Marshall DSL 50
Marshall 1960A
Blackstar HT1

JimmyOhio75
Rocker

Post by JimmyOhio75 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Yeah and I got flamed for complaining about this back in late February. I pre ordered this thing on Jan. 14th and was told that it would be "very soon" that I would have it. I got impatient and with no positive date in sight I canceled my order and got off the "waiting list" back in mid March. Now that this thing won't be available for another two months I look like a genius. Everyone kept telling me " it's worth waiting for", "it will be here very soon". BS!!!

Don't introduce something at NAMM and tell people that it will be available "very soon" when you know that it won't be.

PREORDER = you're screwed!!!!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/hawkinshill
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe 2012
Gibson Les Paul Junior Special 2009
Orange Dual Terror
Burnham 2x12 (WGS Reaper/Retro)

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:06 am

Thinline_slim wrote:I would put in the pre-order now. I will be vintage by the time you get it!
That is maybe Oranges thinking...

Yeah, gives a change for the hype / anticipation to build up I suppose. :lol:

For people looking to while away the time until it hits the streets here is a little light reading:
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/genz- ... ew-714649/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is part 1 of a thread on another new amp. The thread got to near the end of part 2 before customers could actually start grabbing them for themselves, and each part is at least 50 pages long. The thread is now well into part 9, so that should help keep you busy for a while... :!: :roll:

Since those threads are about 600 / 900 W bass heads it'll probably not cost too many sales of a 15W guitar head. FWIW the hype there turned out to be right - the bass amp is awesome. Hopefully the OR15 will also be worth the wait! :wink:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

RickenBangler
Orange Hero

Post by RickenBangler » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:48 am

OK - I pre-ordered.

My intended supplier is still stating 30th April (as are all UK dealers when I last looked). If it ends up as 30th June, there's a good chance I will have spent the dough elsewhere - some of us have to plan ahead a bit y'know?

Can't really understand why a well respected and established company can't set an obviously 'official' release date and stick to it. As a loyal customer that buys new Orange gear, perhaps someone from Orange would like to chime in and let me know a firm date please?

Thanks...
CR60C+PPC112 Mini Stack
Rickenbacker 620/6 JetGlo | G&L Fallout | Fender P-Bass
MarkBass Micromark 801
Past Orange Relationships Micro Crush | Crush CR35LDX | Tiny Terror | OR15/PPC112

The Provocateurs Bandcamp

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm

RickenBangler wrote:Can't really understand why a well respected and established company can't set an obviously 'official' release date and stick to it. As a loyal customer that buys new Orange gear, perhaps someone from Orange would like to chime in and let me know a firm date please?

Thanks...
RickenBangler, my post is not a retort against you specifically, I just quoted you since I believe there are quite a few who feel the same way and have the same questions.

As much as I joke on here I think I need to come to the defense of Orange and completely assume a few things about their company, which I know nothing about! :lol:

How many people actually work full time at Orange? I would personally believe Orange isn't as big of a company that most of us think, honestly. They're not a big corporation with unlimited resources with a big supply chain for their goods and services. And with production in China/Korea/Taiwan/where ever, that supply chain has a lot of uncontrollable components to it that are well out of Oranges grasps. I would have to guess Orange tries to communicate to their people their best guess (and that's the information from their suppliers and shippers) and then their people try to inform how many hundreds of suppliers and retailers? That's a lot of information to put out there and Orange obviously doesn't have the infrastructure like Walmart where as a supplier their computer system updates their retailers on-order, back-order status.

Orange is a little under the radar and I really love that about the company!

I know it seems like there's a huge lag between getting the product and it's release at NAMM, but NAMM is a marketing machine. I spoke with the president of Bad Cat about their new Bobcat amp a few months ago and he said they had never put their hand on the finished product until they unpacked it at NAMM.

I would have to guess that as a MI producer, if you miss NAMM by 3-4 months and don't release information you're a full year off from another opportunity to get the word out, which is really bad for business.

I know it's tough to play the waiting game, but we all know the Orange tone and we all know how friggin great it really is! To me, that's worth a little waiting time.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jeepocaster
Tiny Terror

Post by jeepocaster » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:13 pm

I can't wait to check these out!

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Ive given up waiting for orange. I won't buy nothing new after waiting 5 months for the dark terror. Held of buying all that time and ended up not liking the amp. Not the amps fault for not being my thing but felt really narked off after waiting 5 months.
Contemplated the or15 after the vids at namm but realised wouldn't be worth the wait. Went out and spend my money already.
One loss to orange.
Don't need the micro terror now either now I got my cube. Think it just came available but the wait was again to long. Very stupid in my opinion.
The 1 watt marshalls have been bang on time even tho stupid priced.
Tone is everything

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:31 pm

I found an online retailer claiming to have their first stock of these ready to ship, but I've been in contact with them and don't have a straight answer about whether or not they actually have them. I'll update this when/if I get a response, but it seems like possibly sooner than I thought! My hopes are not up though.

rocker30man
Tiny Terror

Post by rocker30man » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Seems strange that you are on the official Orange forum and nobody can from Orange can give a straight answer or a bit of insider knowledge, its the same on the Vox forum people discussing things and nobody from Vox looks at it or gives a straight answer ? Bit of customer service, to all potential customers ?

Rickenbacker 330
Fender Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Junior

Orange Rocker 30 head
Orange PPC212
Vox AC30c2
Marshall DSL 50
Marshall 1960A
Blackstar HT1