Needing a cheap guitar/ IM BACK

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

ScottyDanger
Orange Hero

Re: Needing a cheap guitar/ IM BACK

Post by ScottyDanger » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 pm

damienwatt_au wrote: ill just use a Vox amplug most probably. Preferably a telecaster.
Just a heads up, the fact that Teles have the jack on the bottom means your amplug will fall out. You literally need scotch tape to keep the damn thing in there. I borrowed a friend's amplug for a while and I'm glad I borrowed before buying, because that was a HUGE FREAKING HASSLE. I highly recommend getting a real amp and some headphones instead. Maybe consider a micro terror! They run without a cab and have a headphone out. It's gonna cost more (but less in London than here in the US) but it'll be way less of a hassle and it'll sound better. The amplug is OK for what it is, but honestly it sounds considerably poopy. Just sayin'.
SG Standard / Telecaster / Cyclone
Fender '65 Princeton Reverb RI
MXR - M102 / M103 / M169

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:15 am

ScottyDanger wrote:
damienwatt_au wrote: ill just use a Vox amplug most probably. Preferably a telecaster.
Just a heads up, the fact that Teles have the jack on the bottom means your amplug will fall out. You literally need scotch tape to keep the damn thing in there.
Not a problem I've had at all. I used my Amplug when checking the guitar out in the shop, and have used it a lot at home since with it. The socket holds the amplug jack quite securely and it has never yet fallen out... :)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

RickenBangler
Orange Hero

Post by RickenBangler » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:31 am

Bit of a late entry here... but how about the Gibson Melody Maker?
USA built and some solid mahogany ones around new for less than 350 here for example.

Maybe an interesting alternative?

R
CR60C+PPC112 Mini Stack
Rickenbacker 620/6 JetGlo | G&L Fallout | Fender P-Bass
MarkBass Micromark 801
Past Orange Relationships Micro Crush | Crush CR35LDX | Tiny Terror | OR15/PPC112

The Provocateurs Bandcamp

ScottyDanger
Orange Hero

Post by ScottyDanger » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:26 pm

a.hun wrote:
ScottyDanger wrote:
Just a heads up, the fact that Teles have the jack on the bottom means your amplug will fall out. You literally need scotch tape to keep the damn thing in there.
Not a problem I've had at all. I used my Amplug when checking the guitar out in the shop, and have used it a lot at home since with it. The socket holds the amplug jack quite securely and it has never yet fallen out... :)

Andy.
Weird! Maybe they're improved the plug, or my tele just has a loose jack. I used to read about this problem all the time when they first came out, which is also when I tried one. Oh well!
SG Standard / Telecaster / Cyclone
Fender '65 Princeton Reverb RI
MXR - M102 / M103 / M169

damienwatt_au
Orange Master

Post by damienwatt_au » Sun May 27, 2012 10:08 pm

I ended up getting the tele and it should be in my possession on Tuesday. Got it for £180 including a hard case, pretty happy. There is one minor issue, the switch setting for both pickups is not working. I'm hoping this will be a easy fix, would I need a solder?
In bad news I came off my bike Saturday night and screwed up a bunch of ligaments in my left shoulder, I probably won't be able to play for at least another week. Its going to blow oh so hard.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed May 30, 2012 5:39 pm

So long as your shoulder recovers! :shock:

Hope you're ok?

And yes, if the switch wants replacing or wires have come off, it will want soldering.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Alex Sheeny
Rocker

Post by Alex Sheeny » Wed May 30, 2012 5:43 pm

G&L ASAT <3333333