I'm upgrading to a 5150

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jason41224
Orange Master

I'm upgrading to a 5150

Post by jason41224 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:38 am

haha, gotcha! april fools

i love this day. every year my family is put on edge from sunup to sundown. from setting off our house alarm at 3AM, to switching all the clocks in the house, to getting my friend's dad who was a cop to "arrest" me, i always loved april fools day. i guess i love it even more because my family and friends fell for it almost every time.

yes, i know i'm obnoxious. but am i alone? who else loves april fools day? stories? etc.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

fiaj
Tiny Terror

Re: I'm upgrading to a 5150

Post by fiaj » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:47 am

I didn't realise the date. I actually thought someone was mad enough to consider a Peavey an "upgrade". You can get better tones by scraping your guitar against a brick wall...
I never do much, but i always get caught out by it. Adult Swim's Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie prank was really annoying. And the announcement of a new Mr. Bungle album last year made me defecate in my pants. Not a very good contribution, sorry.

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:32 pm

I knew it had to be a wind up but I had forgot the date Jason...

Anyways I'm off to download the latest firmware for my new Firebird X :mrgreen:
Paul.

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Can't forget the date as its my birthday today lol

Don't really do alot to be honest for fools day. I know my mate has gone round to 2 church's very near his house and put up a big sign saying closed due to burst water main. He said (in his words) that'll wind up the bible bashers.

Seriously it is my birthday tho!
Tone is everything

sidvicious
Orange Master

Post by sidvicious » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:26 pm

i got burned once, years ago.

a lawyer colleague of mine knew i'd been in a battle with a particular small town. so he calls me from the small town jail and tell's me he's locked up for dwi and they won't release him.

so, i go call the judge, waking him up, and get an order of release. i drive over to the police station and show the order, and expected him to appear.

they say, "he ain't here; we don't know what you talking about".

this continues and i become irate, demanding to see my "client".

then the phone in the chief's office rings and the chief died out laughing and said the caller said to tell me "april fool!"

that MFr!!!

i bit totatally and made a complete asss of myself, and woke up a judge to do it. the judge is a pal and got a kick out of it.

payback is hell is all i can say.

but the best was gotten of me on that day.
Orange TV50
Orange Rockerverb MkII 2x12 Combo
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
60's Silverface Fender Twin
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:05 pm

I switched the salt and sugar on my mom when I was a kid.... our scrambled eggs and her coffee weren't too good...

and I rubber-banded the sink sprayer on so she got soaked when she turned on the water.

She safety pinned all of my socks together so they all came out of the drawer en masse before I had a chance to be awake and know what day it was....

We used to do a lot to each other when I was a kid. My two brothers have zero sense of humor for that sort of thing so it was all on me!

Now that she's in a nursing home it's not possible to do anything like that.... besides.... you just don't want to do surprises for old people! :mrgreen:

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:19 pm

the 5150 is bad ass amp!!!

one of my selling regrets :(

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)